Sunday, 7 October 2012

Tando is 3! History of Tando Blog Hop

To finish the birthday week off, the DT are having a Blog Hop showcasing some of the products made over the last 3 years. You should have arrived here from the ~{Tando-Creative Blog}~.

I was lucky enough to be on the team right from the beginning and I can remember ~{Karen}~ and I getting really excited when the first products came through to us, especially when we found out they could take a really good battering!! So I've used products from right at the beginning (and some butterfly minis 'just because') to make this card. They were released for the Opening Day of Tando, 1st October 2009.



I've used ~{Bird Set 1 Small}~ and part of ~{Block Flourish 1}~ . I cut the block part off it:



As you can see, it looks a bit battered here, I was very careless with the storage but, with the magic of paint and Glossy Accents, it's easily disguised!

All pieces have been painted with acrylic paints, with shading added to the bird. Once I'd finished painting, I've used a dry brush dipped in the paint and brushed it across the card blank to create a base. I've stamped the butterflies and doodled around everything.

For the next part of the Hop, you need to go to ~{Karen's Blog}~ and if you get lost at all, go back to the ~{Tando Blog}~ to get back on track.

Comment on all the blogs as you go and you will be entered into a draw with a chance to win this fabulous prize with an RRP of over £90:



Kaz xxx

36 comments:

Katherine (sutty) said...

Gorgeous Kaz...love the bird, and how you've worked the block flourish :)

Janet said...


Fabulous card Kaz,the bird is so cute,love it
Janet x

Carol said...

Totally gorgeous teamie x

Gez said...

Fab card Kaz, love the gorgeous little birdie xx

Tracey-B said...

What a wonderful little card, the bird is just so cute and the colours fantastic, I love it!

Suzi said...

Fabulous idea to use the flourish as the bird branch. Gorgeous card.
Hugs
Suzi x

Claudia said...

What a wonderful card! The flourish is very nice.
Claudia

Karen said...

Lovely simple design, it's nice to see those every so often.

PiHi said...

Nice work and great idea.

cbee said...

such a cute card!!! love the colors and the products you used!!

Kay said...

How cute! I love the birdie, he is so adorable, and such a simple but effective background

Angelnorth said...

Fab card, love the snipped up flourish block and that bird always raises a smile!

ionabunny said...

Hi Kaz, that bird is so cute. Love it

Diane said...

I'm not sure which post I'm meant to put a comment against in order to be in with a chance of the blog candy, so I'm going full hog and doing two on your page but I've followed your blog anyway, so I'm sure I'll soon learn about the products, if not win the prize :-)

Dawn Louise said...

Love this, the colours are perfect together and creative use of the flourish too, excellent x

Craftyfield said...

Wonderful whimsy card and the Flourish block is fantastic !

Miriam Prantner said...

What a sweet card! Love that little bird!

butterfly said...

Adorable card - the butterflies and flourishes are just lovely!
Alison x

Net said...

Lush!

But all of your things are - love the flourish!

Denise and Louise said...

This is adorable. Love that cute bird and lovely flourish. Brilliant background too.
Denise xx

Dana Tatar {datatar} said...

Gorgeous card!

sassy said...

wow just adore anyhting like ths fab card and hopping around hugs sasyxxx

LindaS said...

Wonderful work. I really like the bird and your doodling.

Amber said...

I just love your work!! This card is just precious.

Joanna said...

Very pretty card :)

Ginger said...

great card, Yes it is good how resilient Tando is.

Craftychris said...

Gorgeous and such a cute quirky bird! I love the block flourish and pink and green together is a fab colour combo xx

jan.safc.73 said...

Hi Karen your card is so cute love the combination of the bird and flourish xx thanks Janice

Rosalee said...

Great card Kaz. Love the flourish idea. TFS
Hugs, Rosalee

Traceyr said...

Love those stamped butterflies Kaz and the dry brushing of that paint has given the background a great grounding. :)

beadz said...

Your little bird card is so cute. Thanks for sharing.

Karen said...

Awe....I LOVE that bird and am so happy thaqt you used him :D xxx

Maggie said...

Great card and I love the Bird!!

MaggieH

Susie Bentz said...

Beautiful card- I have learned there is a lot that can be improved with the addition of paint and some glossy accents!

Lottie said...

Stunning card - and so many great tips

tracy said...

thats so cute kaz-love the colours :)