Saturday, 3 November 2012

DCM ~ Colour challenge

I can't remember the last time I managed to join in with the ~{Daring Cardmakers}~, I'm only just managing to keep up with my DT stuff, so challenges go by the wayside. It was only when I was finishing off this card this morning that I realised it fitted in with the challenge this week, which is to use red, white, green and blue.



I was making this using Tando's ~{Mini Wonky Trees}~ for part of a DT challenge and knew I could use it now and use the rest for the Tando blog.

I've painted the trees with acrylic paint and doodled a border when it was dry before adding tiny gem stars. It took almost as long to stick them in place than to do the whole of the rest of the card!!! I really need new glasses! I've used some paper I've had in my stash for years and cut it to fit with the printed greeting and tore some washi tape and inked some lines above this before adding the trees.

The card itself is really tiny, 10 x 10 cms, so that shows you how dinky the trees are! To find stockists of the trees ~{Click Here}~.

Kaz xxx

9 comments:

Kathy said...

Gorgeous card - right up my street 0- as you know, I do love a Wonky Tree! Great to see you linking with The Daring Cardmakers again

Hazel said...

Fab card - I too love the wonky trees x

Angelnorth said...

The wonky trees look fab on this CAS design - love it!

sassy said...

Hi kaz . This is so pretty love your wobbly trees and I just love this colour combo .
Happy crafting. hugs sassyxxxx

Dawn said...

This is gorgeous Kaz, those little trees are adorable. Lol, almost started me off feeling christmassy!!
Huge hugs x x x x

Karen said...

ooo lovely to see the wonky trees again! Fantastic C&S card sweetie xxx

Rein said...

Love this card,
thanks for playing!

Miri said...

Your card is great. What a fantastic idea !!!

Zuzana Obert said...

Kaz, this is such a sweet card! I love your dynamic christmas trees :0) Can feel they moving.Brilliant! Thank you for playing along with DCM.

Zuz. x x