Wednesday, 28 November 2012

SDC#76 Gift Wrap

This week's ~{Stampotique Designer's Challenge}~ is set by ~{Jo}~ and she would like us to make some gift wrap.

I used a shadow box to make this:


I smooshed DI's over the box and made the tag while it was drying. I've stamped one of the monsters from   ~{Line Up}~, the horns of ~{Hug Monster}~ for a santa hat and ~{Flying Heart}~. These have been water coloured using the DI's too. I doodled the edges and die-cut some tags from matching card.


I've painted some Tando Mini Snowflakes to add for interest and added some glitter accents.


Around the base of the box I stamped and embossed ~{Stringed Lights}~ in white powder, adding gel dots to the lights.


I then stamped Flying Heart onto tissue paper to wrap the actual gift using Stazon ink as this doesn't bleed. I used Dove Grey which is very subtle and Teal. I positioned the wrapped gift so that the heart can be seen through the window if the tag moves.


There are some gorgeous wrappings to see over on the ~{SDC Blog}~ for inspiration so go and have a look and then join in with us. You don't have to use Stampotique stamps, but if you have some that would be great and you will be in with the chance to win one of 2 $30 Gift Certificates to spend in the ~{Stampotique Store}~ if you are lucky in the draw. Don't forget to check out the rules first though!

Kaz xxx

10 comments:

tracy said...

love it kaz :)

AssiCrafts said...

Love your gift box! It's gorgeous! XOXO

R.Maria Sabina ( Lollyrot) said...

OH MY!!! This is sooo perfect!!

Reflective Art Studio said...

Love all the details...
Sarinda

sam21ski said...

Great box, love the tag and the doodling

Sam xxx

Karen said...

Absolutely stunning Kaz!!!!!! xxx

Claire Boelema said...

Beautiful work Kaz - just love it! Claire x

Willy said...

Absolutely wonderful, Kaz!

thekathrynwheel said...

Oh ha ha!! I love the santa hat! Great idea :-)

Sue said...

Wow Kaz this is gorgeous, I love how you've used Hug Monsters horn lol x