Thursday, 22 November 2012

Tando ~ Advents and Countdowns

This week on ~{Tando}~ we are concentrating on advents and Christmas countdowns and I am revisiting a kit that was first released in 2009 as a class on UKScrappers. The class made this into a framed countdown, but I have used a 12 x 12 inch canvas board for  mine.


I started off by using the ~{Set of 5 Snowflakes Masks}~ with texture paste across the base board. I also scraped the extra texture paste over the board to give an uneven finish. Once this was dry I used acrylic paints over the whole base blending white with pale blue. Once this was dry I smudged a little oil pastel over the snowflake only to add detail and then smudged some glitter glue over that. The base itself was finished with inky snowflakes and edging.

I punched out white card and stamped the numbers onto them.



The trees have been painted with acrylic paint and the edges inked. I replaced the centres and added some Viva Decor Glitter Pen for detail.


The centre piece is again painted with acrylic paints and I stamped and embossed the snowflakes in white. I've doodled borders and added a snowflake from the ~{Tando Minis Snowflakes}~ and a plain circle from ~{Grab Bag of Circles}~. On the ~{original}~ one, ~{Di}~ had used an acrylic overlay for the numbers, but as I was using a dial outside, I punched a hole through the far end of the pointer and fixed that with a brad. The pointer is painted in silver and has a big dollop of GA on it!




I went on the hunt for some letters and found these grungeboard ones. My grungeboard hasn't seen the light of day for YEARS!!! I painted them with acrylic paint and then gently tapped my silver inkpad over them so that they look a bit aged.


Everything has been fixed in place with silicone glue.

You can find stockists of Tando products by ~{Clicking Here}~.

Kaz xxx

9 comments:

tracy said...

pretty colours kaz-love it :)

Dawn said...

This is gorgeous Kaz, lots of work and detail involved but well worth it.
So lovely to see a 'girly' and pretty take on the Christmas theme too.
Huge hugs x x x x

Claire Boelema said...

Gorgeous work and I do love the colours x

Karen said...

OMG Missus!!!!! this is just outstanding!!!!! HUGS XXXXX

Kathy said...

What a fab idea - and I adore the colours you've used

Kath said...

I love it, the colours, the design and everything.

Gez said...

Drop dead gorgeous with a cherry on the top me thinks..xxxxx

Angelnorth said...

That looks fabulous Kaz, love the texture paste snowflakes on the base and the colours are so pretty!

Moogsmum said...

I love it! What a great idea for an advent calendar with a twist :o)

xx