Sunday, 9 December 2012

Christmas in my kitchen

I have been mooching on Pinterest during some serious sofa-time and have been ooooing at some of the gorgeous Christmas ideas. The ones that really caught my eye where the mini trees, so I had to have a go.


I made the tree shapes with old cereal boxes and painted them, then added some wire ribbon and tinsel mesh ribbon that I found at ~{The Ribbon Room}~, which was a new store for me.

Adding the ribbons were a bit fiddly at the very tops of the trees, but got much easier. I used gel medium to stick it all on.

To finish off  I used ~{Daniel's Tree Topper Small}~ and ~{Daniel's Tree Topper Large}~ with minimal colouring.



These are now sat making my kitchen very festive.

Kaz xxx

9 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're lovely, loving the texture you've been able to add, no trace of their humble cereal packet beginnings..very sophisticated trees. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awe these are gorgeous sweetie, what a fab idea. Loving the tinsel ribbon.
    Huge hugs x x x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. they look great especially the ones with the gruesome fairies on. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! these are rediculously fantastic Kaz!!!! I LOVE them! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. enjoying your trees Kaz- Pinterest is for sure addicting and yes,..wish I could be there to make them with you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello, new follower here and I’d like to invite you to join me at my weekly Clever Chicks Blog Hop:

    http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2012/12/clever-chicks-blog-hop-14-baklava.html



    I hope you can make it!

    Cheers,

    Kathy Shea Mormino

    The Chicken Chick

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving me a message x