Wednesday, 12 December 2012

SDC#78 Christmas with non-Christmas stamps

It's my group's turn for the ~{Stampotique Designer's Challenge}~ and this time it is set by ~{France}~  who would like us to make a Christmas card without using a Christmas stamp. I have used the hat from ~{Corie}~ to make this card:



I've masked off the rest of the stamp so I only inked the hat, then masked what I'd stamped and used a stamp positioner to get the placement right. I then doodled around the trees/hats, grounded them and added hand drawn tiny stars before finishing with ~{Merry Everything}~. I made a few of these as they were fairly quick and simple, but a lot of fun to make.

Now you need to head on over to the ~{Stampotique Designer's Challenge Blog}~ and check out the rest of the group's creations as they are incredible and fun. Join us if you can, you don't have to use Stampotique stamps, but it'd be great if you do. If you follow the rules you can be in with the chance to win one of two $30 gift certificates to spend in the ~{Stampotique Store}~ that will be randomly drawn at the end of December. Wouldn't that be a fab way to start the New Year?

Kaz xxx

8 comments:

AssiCrafts said...

Very cool idea! Love your card! XOXO

Karen said...

Ingenious!!!! x

DIane Warburton said...

Indeed a lovely card and that sentiment fits it perfectly. Why don't I think of simple cards for Christmas instead of making tricky ones?!! Definitely a goal of mine for next year - just do, don't faff :-)

Jane Wetzel said...

Brilliant Kaz! Omg, I LOVE this :)

Dawn said...

Gorgeous sweetie, love your thinking on this one.
Huge hugs x x x x

Samantha Read said...

Brilliant Kaz! xx

france papillon said...

clean and simple... and absolutely lovely! and what a great idea :)))

xx
france

Sue said...

Just wonderful Kaz, I love it. Sue xx