Monday, 14 January 2013

Tando Blog Hop - Arches

It's time for the first Tando Blog Hop of 2013 and it's Arches. You should have arrived here from  ~{Katherine's Blog}~, but if not, head over to the ~{Tando Blog}~ to start off. If you comment on all the blogs on the hop you will be in with the chance of winning a randomly drawn prize of Tando goodies.

I made this:


I have used one layer from the ~{Gothic Arch Layer Frame}~. That's the beauty of the layered products, they give you so much versatility and value for money!

I separated the frame and the arch and decorated them individually before putting them back together. I've used Fresco paints on both, blending them with my fingertip and then dabbing paint through the ~{Sequin Waste Mask}~ and adding a bit more paint. I never have a plan I just see what happens! I doodled around the edge of the frame and used white pen dots around the arch, put them together and splatted some watery black paint onto them.

I've used a larger sized bat from the ~{Mini Bats}~ and a star from the ~{Grab Bag of Stars}~ and used more Fresco paints and doodles on them.

I've used 2 stamps from ~{Stampotique}~ (of course!) ~{Heart Throb}~ and ~{Hutching's}~ , but the second one is hard to see as it's under a layer of paint!

I've finished off with some Washi tape and a computer generated quote that came from Facebook.

To continue with the hop you need to head over to ~{Dana's Blog}~ ...... enjoy!

You can find stockists of Tando products ~{HERE}~.

Kaz xxx

12 comments:

Carol said...

I LOVE HIM!!!!!! This is so quirky and the quote says it all!! So much to see here! Also love ffresco paints and Need The stamps, like yesterday!!! Great use of doodling too. Thanks for the inspiration!!
Carol Tadden

Dana Tatar {datatar} said...

Super fun arch! I love your doodles and the washi tape. Great use of the bat wings as well! Thanks for the inspiration Kaz. =)

Karen said...

hee hee I adore this Kaz!!!! xxx

butterfly said...

Hilarious! Love the chalky finish of the Fresco paints and yummy colouring on the image, and fab doodling!
Alison x

Dawn said...

Gorgeous Kaz, I love it. Lol poor heartthrob needs wings to help carry it methinks!!
Hugs x

DIane Warburton said...

A very ingenious way of getting a quote onto your project.
Masks are another thing on my 'must get more of' list as they're so useful for adding layers to a project with texture.

Angelnorth said...

Perfect quote for him and a fab arch, love it!

Traceyr said...

I am loving the shading and blending of the colours of this arch Kaz.

:)

ionabunny said...

Love the quote. What a sweety he is! Looks great with the bat wings

Gez Butterworth said...

Fabby arch. Loving his wings ♥

Craftychris said...

So quirky! Love it - these arches are fabulous xx

Samantha Read said...

Wonderful Kaz, as always loving your sense of humour x