Monday, 11 March 2013

Happy Birthday Lucy!

Today my youngest niece is 14!!! How did that happen? So of course I had to make her a card using the new release stamps from ~{Stampotique}~:


I didn't make it easy on myself though as this required masking and stamp positioning, but she's worth it (if I don't say that I'm in BIG trouble).

I've used the birds from ~{Birdy Up}~ individually and sat them on or hiding behind ~{Tenticurl}~. The birds are coloured with Copics and there's a hefty amount of doodling to finish off.
The greeting is my favourite ~{Happy Birthday}~.

This means we get to have a weekend of birthday celebrations with the family and here's a picture of Lucy, all grown up and beautiful (can you see the huge box of chocs I got from the girls for mother's day?)



Of course, a birthday means that Jess gets to play with the wrappings. Here she's destroying the tube that Lucy's Tom Daley poster came in. It was more fun than the paper as it rolled ... whoo!



And for the third year in a row, both nannies bought exactly the same card!!!


Happy Birthday Lucy Laa I hope you have as much fun today as we had over the weekend xxx

16 comments:

Artyjen said...

Love the card...those birds are so cute...but yet have a certain glint in their eyes!!! lol ;)
xoxo Sioux

coco said...

Hi Kaz, since I don't know if you take time to read the comments on Stampotique's blog I tell you again here that I love your card ! Really beautiful, and your little scene is wonderfully thought and colored ! You show us a great combination of these fabulous new stamps !!! Coco xx

Kaz said...

thank you Coco that's very kind of you x

Karen said...

Now I am wondering if the two nannies are in cahoots now hahaha!!!! I love your card for Lucy...the little birds are sooo cheeky! HUGS xxx

Angelnorth said...

Great result with the masking and positioning, fab card! Hope Lucy enjoyed her day!

Bluefairy4U said...

Hi Kaz a rally lovely card hope your niece enjoyed it. My Grandaughter likes funky things so will have to treat her to some of the new stamps big hugs Jo x

Traceyr said...

Those stamps look lovely Kaz and you have done a great job with Lucy's card.

hahaha at the Grandmas.

:)

Samantha Read said...

Lucky Lucy, that's a fab card! Happy Birthday xx

Gez Butterworth said...

Fabulous card Kaz.. you did a great job with the masking.. rather you than me! Great to see Jess, glad you all had a fun time xxxx

Alexa said...

Great card - can see how much careful masking it involved but the result is definitely worth it!

AssiCrafts said...

Awesome card!!! XOXO

Sue said...

Gorgeous card Kaz, beautiful stamping, these birds are definitely up to something lol. I really don't know how niece's manage to get older while we stay the same age :-) xx

dutchstamptramp said...

WOW I LOVE this one Kaz!!! Wonderful use of stamps and the colours are amazing!

Kaz said...

zasexrfvgbhnjmk,l.;esxrdctfvygbuhnijmok,zwaesxrdcfvtgybhunjimko,zawsxedcrfvtgybhunjimko,lsxdcrfvtgybhunijmok

Kaz said...

i smell of poo, ewwwwwwwwww

Kaz said...

my face gives people nightmaresssss