Wednesday, 6 March 2013

SDC 90 Inspiration from a song

This week's ~{Stampotique Designer's Challenge}~ has been set by the lovely ~{Sam}~ and she'd like us to find inspiration from a song. I struggled with this one as my favourite songs just didn't seem to fit and I really wanted to use the new stamps. I had a feeling I was going to have to be excused from this one and was getting a real headache until somebody on the radio said 'don't worry be happy' and I thought I'd do this. As I was making this I was sure that somebody had done something like this before, so I worried about that too!


I started off by painting some book pages with gesso and stamped everything onto that once it was dry. I have used:
~{Random Acts Alphabet}~ with Stazon ink,
~{Medium Bee}~ and
~{3 Smiles}~
Everything has been cut out and doodled on before sticking down as a really simple card that I plan to send myself when I'm struggling!

Head over to the ~{SDC Blog}~ to see what the rest of the team has been up to and then join us. If you follow the rules you will be in with a chance of winning one of two prizes of a $30 Gift Certificate to spend in the ~{Stampotique Store}~, drawn at the end of March.

I later remembered that I'd done a journal page with the song title in before ~{here}~!

Kaz xxx

14 comments:

tracy said...

love it kaz :)

Gez Butterworth said...

FAB card Kaz.. I'm leaving your blog with that song stuck in my head!!! lol

Dawn said...

Brilliant card sweetie. I love your lettering at the top, and your interpretation of your challenge.
Tee hee, I'm with Gez above, singing my little socks off as I type lmao!!!!!!!!
HUge hugs x x x x

AssiCrafts said...

You should look at your card and do that ;-) Don't worry to much! Is't a great card, as always :-D XOXO

Reflective Art Studio said...

SO very creative and to the point. Much Needed today.
Sarinda

Dotty Jo said...

Brilliant, Jo x

Angelnorth said...

Great choice of song, fab card! Hope it's a good long while before you feel the need to send it!

R.Maria Sabina ( Lollyrot) said...

''don't worry , be happy'' how lovely is this?!

roc said...

Wonderful!

Karen said...

haha Fabulous!!!!! xxx

Samantha Read said...

hehehe Kaz, this so made me smile, hope you had fun with this challenge xxx

Sue said...

Brilliant Kaz - just need to get the song out of my head now :-) x

Artyjen said...

Thanks for the inspiration....love your very creative card ;)
xoxo Sioux

thekathrynwheel said...

Just saw this on the designers challenge blog. This is fab!! What a great idea. You've got me singing it now!