Wednesday, 3 April 2013

SDC 94 Focus on Flowers

This week's ~{SDC}~ challenge is set by the lovely ~{Gez}~ and she has asked us to use flowers on our creations.

I made this card:


I have stamped ~{Seaweed}~ onto the card blank 3 times using a mask to keep the bottom part level. The centres of the flowers are coloured with Copics, then I used DI as a watercolour and a teeny tiny brush to create the petals.

I have to confess that this is not the first version of this card. I got right to the end of the other one and then smudged the DI! I was not a happy Kaz I can tell you!

I got there in the end though after a stern telling off and finished off with ~{The Earth Laughs In Flowers}~.

Head on over to the ~{Stampotique Designer's Challenge Blog}~ to see the other gorgeous creations by the team and then join in with us to be in with the chance of winning one of 2 randomly drawn prizes at the end of the month of $30 gift certificates to spend in the ~{Stampotique}~ store.

Kaz xxx

15 comments:

Gez Butterworth said...

BRILLIANT!
Glad you got there in the end! Fabby card Kaz ♥

AssiCrafts said...

Awesome!!! Love what you did with Seaweed! XOXO

france papillon said...

What a great way to use Seaweed!
happy to read i'm not the only one who has to do thing all over because of DI accidents!

Traceyr said...

Beautiful card Kaz and so delicate. I bet you swore when you smudged the DI didn't you? hahahaha Nevermind you got there in the end. Have a lovely day sweetie. x

:)

Dawn said...

What a pretty card sweetie, I love how you've used that fab stamp.
Darn those pesky DI's for smudging on you, how rude!! Lol I bet the air was very blue lmao.
Huge huggles x x x x

roc said...

Wonderfully done!

Ginger said...

clever use of the stamp to turn it into flowers. DI smudges the bane of crafters everwhere, and always on the last thing you doing to. x

Karen said...

ooo this is sooo pretty Kaz!!!! I think you need swear box hahahaha xxx

Julie Steed said...

What a great way to use Seaweed!

Basement Stamper said...

kicking myself that I don't have this stamp, love what you have done with it!

Reflective Art Studio said...

I love love this stamp.... and what you have done with it is quite marvelous. xoxo
Sarinda

Samantha Read said...

It's wonderful Kaz :) xxx

Hazel said...

Simply beautiful, Kaz x

Sue said...

This really is beautiful Kaz, I share your pain with the smudging lol x

butterfly said...

So beautiful... the utter simplicity is just wonderful! And one of my favourite quotes...
Alison x