Wednesday, 22 May 2013

SDC 101 Text Paper

This week's ~{Stampotique Designer's Challenge}~ is set by the talented ~{Sarinda}~ and she would like us to use text paper somewhere on our creation. She has also included a tutorial on her blog so be sure to visit it.

I made a journal page:


This was one of those 'see what happens' pages and it wasn't started with this page in mind. I wanted to do a sprayed background, but the sprays were clogged and I couldn't be bothered to get up and clean them, so I took the spray out and used the base of the hose on the spray to 'paint' on the page. I do get grumpy when they clog!
I love to gesso on book pages and then stamp on them so this is what I did with ~{Karin}~. I coloured her using a paintbrush dipped into the spray ink and tore her from the page. I then inked some more text paper and tore that to make the background.
I stamped ~{Framed}~ onto the square bit and   ~{Sometimes I Pretend}~ onto the circle, then added some washi tape. I've used some washi tape with moustache's, hats and pipes onto the stamps because it made me smile and I thought it went with the quote. I haven't started pipe smoking though. Yet.
To finish off I used ~{Swirl Stalks}~.

Head over to the ~{SDCBlog}~ to see what this week's team have come up with and then join us, using any stamps. If you follow the rules, there are 2 randomly drawn prizes of $30 to spend in the ~{Stampotique Store}~ up for grabs at the end of the month.

Kaz xxx

8 comments:

roc said...

this is great!

Dawn said...

Gorgeous page Kaz, I love it. Jam packed with fab techniques, albeit the poopy bottles jamming on you - I hate it when that happens too!!
Huge hugs x

Karen Gist said...

hahahaha!!! Love this Kaz!!!!! Says she who is still puffing on her electric cigarette :D xxx

Clare said...

I love this, it's great.x

france papillon said...

lollll love the details you added to the images ;)))
gorgeous 'what if' page!

xx
france

Sue said...

Love it Kaz, only Karin could carry off the pipe look :-) xx

Gez Butterworth said...

BRILLIANT!!!

Samantha Read said...

Totally gorgeous Kaz :) xxx