Wednesday, 29 May 2013

SDC#102 ~Transparency

This week on the ~{Stampotique Designer's Challenge Blog}~ it's the turn of the talented ~{Libby}~ to set the theme and she would like you to make something using a transparent element. I had a lot of fun making this clear magnetic bookmark, but then it came to photographing it!!



I don't know why it hadn't occured to me to make one before as, up until I made this, I had a card version to use in my notebook (I would be lost without my notebook telling me what day it is and what I need to achieve each day) and I was forever lifting it up to check what was underneath!



Now with my new acetate version I can see my lists!


This was my list of things to take to a recent retreat I went to with my lovely crafty friends I only see once a year.

I cut two pieces of acetate and stamped ~{Roc's Angel}~ on one and ~{Wicked Witch}~ on the other in Stazon, then flipped them over and rough coloured the images in Copics on the reverse (so that the alcohol didn't react with the ink). On the angel side I stamped ~{Fax To Wolfgang}~ onto her dress for a bit of interest.
I then used the fold of a card blank and stamped ~{Banner}~ on either side and watercoloured them with DI's. This was then stuck to the acetate.
I glued a pair of magnets in place then used  ~{Text Star with Tiny Star}~ and the flower from ~{Blessed Skellie}~ to disguise them. These were also watercoloured.

I can alternate which side I have on each day's page depending on the mood I'm in. I've been on the wicked side a lot lately ;).

Head over to the ~{SDC Blog}~ and check out the gorgeousness created by the rest of the team and then if you join us and follow the rules, you will be in with the chance of winning one of two prizes drawn randomly at the end of the month, for  a $30 Gift Certificate to spend in the ~{Stampotique Store}~.

14 comments:

tracy said...

love it kaz :)
your list is very neat...lol

Karen Gist said...

WOW! what a fantastic idea Kaz!!! Beautifully made...love it!!! xxx

Dawn said...

Ooh this is beautiful Kaz, brilliant idea sweetie. Lol I'd be lost without my lists too but they are defo not as neat as yours tee hee.
Huge hugs x x x x

roc said...

what a great idea! love it. thanks for using one of my rubber stamps, too! i appreciate it!

Astrid Stulemeijer (AssiCrafts) said...

Fab bookmark! Great solution to make it transparant! XOXO

Basement Stamper said...

wicked cute, love them both!

Sue said...

Love it Kaz and what a brilliant idea. May your days always be wicked :-) xx

Angelnorth said...

Great idea and fab execution of it, love it!

Reflective Art Studio said...

I think I need one of these. Nicely done.
Sarinda

Traceyr said...

How very clever of you Misses. I love the "witch" side best too. Love the way you have hidden the magnets and the bunting at the top. :)

france papillon said...

fun and cute all wrapped in one!
xx
france

Samantha Read said...

Wonderful, fab idea Kaz. Wishing you a lovely weekend xx

butterfly said...

How brilliant - cool and really clever too! Fantastic idea...
Alison x

noora said...

I luckily found your blog on a hop-journey and I must say, that I LOVE your art! Keep up the good spirit!!