Wednesday, 1 May 2013

SDC98 Turquoise and Pink

This week's ~{Stampotique Designer's Challenge}~ is set by ~{Polly}~ and she would like us to use Turquoise and Pink. I love this colour combination so I made this page in my mini journal:


I've used a base of Fresco paints with a mask and some washi tape and stamped ~{Fax to Wolfgang}~ and ~{Swirl Stalks}~ as a background. My main images are ~{Blessed Skellie}~ and ~{Stacked Cups}~ which have been coloured with Copics. I masked off Skellie leaving the wings and heart free and stamped Fax to Wolfgang onto them.

I've finished off with some doodling and a quote by the late, great Douglas Adams - tea always helps I find, especially accompanied by one or two choc chip cookies mmmmm.

Head over to the ~{SDC Blog}~ to see the other creations and join us to be in with the chance of winning one of two randomly drawn prizes at the end of the month ........ the prize is a $30 gift certificate to spend in the ~{Stampotique Store}~. Don't forget to check out the rules though.

Kaz xxx

21 comments:

butterfly said...

Such fun pages: pretty colours - and I really hope the cup of tea helps... she looks as though she needs it!
Alison x

Lindeke said...

I like that one!! Such beautiful colors!

Samantha Read said...

This is beautiful in a spooky cup of tea way! Just love it Kaz xx

dutchstamptramp said...

Beautiful pages!!!

Jane Wetzel said...

hi Kaz! what a happy page! love tea too!

Juls said...

Fab page!!! Love the colours!! & the tea cups are perfect!! Hugs Juls xxx

Kay Wallace said...

What a happy two-pager, Kaz! The way you have used the challenge colors is brilliant! Yah just gotta love those tea cuts, and your quote is spot on!

Karin said...

beautiful journal spread, love the soft colors!

Dawn said...

Gorgeous pages Kaz, I LOVE those colours too.
Huge hugs x

ARTFULwings said...

A BEAUTIFUL journal page - so delicate and pretty and just..... FABULOUS!!!! Polly x

Sue said...

This is brilliant Kay, I love the masking/stencilling xx

france papillon said...

replace tea by coffee and that's me every morning!
love your page: so soft yet with nicely popping accents. and the stamps you choose really work with the background you created :)))

Angelnorth said...

Quite right, tea always helps! Great pages, love the stamps you chose to go with the sentiment - perfect!

Jenn Cochran said...

Love your mini journal page Kaz!!!

Jenn

AssiCrafts said...

Fab pages Kaz! Now I wished I had these cups too :-D XOXO

R.Maria Sabina ( Lollyrot) said...

wonderful page!

Sanja Grdinić said...

Beautiful!

Basement Stamper said...

is that all it takes is a cup of tea? Really? Maybe that's why I don't like tea LOL.

Great pages, love the lighter colors on this.

Traceyr said...

Yes Kaz tea and biscuits are always a winning combination as is your journal page.

:)

Reflective Art Studio said...

Love Love Love Love and Love.
XOXO
Sarinda

Leigh xx said...

wow--i love this! stunning as always :)