Wednesday, 12 June 2013

SDC 104 Faux Metal

This week's ~{Stampotique Designer's Challenge}~ has been set by the talented ~{Maria}~ and she would like us to use Faux Metal on or as your creation. Hmmm, this involved some thinking on my part, but eventually I made this card, even though I'm not sure it completely follows the brief:


I used a card blank that had been sitting on my desk for ages with a stripe of paint only on it and added Viva Decor Croco paint through the ~{Incogneto}~ mask. Once it was dry, the card buckled slightly as I'd thought it would, but adding a piece of white card to the back if it straightened it out.
I then stamped ~{Birdy Up}~ and painted them with watercolours before cutting them out and sticking them onto some of the cogs.
I finished off with ~{Happy Birthday}~.

Join us over on the ~{SDC Blog}~ and, if you follow the rules, you will be in with the chance of winning one of 2 prizes of $30 Gift Certificates to spend in the ~{Stampotique Store}~ at the end of the month in our random draw.

I liked how it came out so much that I made one for Father's Day, for my lovely dad who does so much for me.


Kaz xxx

15 comments:

Netty said...

Loving your cards Kaz, especially those gorgeous birds. Annette x

Kath said...

Lovely cards, Kaz. Love the cogs.

Kathy said...

Cute as can be - and the colours are just fab

Karen Gist said...

Awe...so cute!!!! You have certainly fulfilled the brief here my lovely xxx

Angelnorth said...

These look fabulous Kaz! If anything, I slightly prefer the father's day one (I thhink the slightly longer sentiment is just the perfect balance)

Astrid Stulemeijer (AssiCrafts) said...

Gorgeous cards Kaz! XOXO

butterfly said...

Fabulous CAS cards, Kaz!
Alison x

Dawn said...

Ooh I'm loving your cards sweetie, fab work my lovely - lol brief fulfilled perfectly.
Huge huggles x x x x

coco said...

The two are absolutely adorable Kaz, I love both xxx

Sue said...

Brilliant Kaz, I love your birdies! Have a fab day xx

R.Maria Sabina ( Lollyrot) said...

love these birds! awsome card

Jane Wetzel said...

just adorable Kaz :)

roc said...

This is adorable! Love it.

dutchstamptramp said...

You are so good with these birds Kaz, looks as if they were made for you! Love your card.

Juls said...

This is really fun!! Love it!! Hugs Juls