Wednesday, 19 June 2013

SDC 105 Anything But A Card

I can completely understand the theme for this week's     ~{Stampotique Designer's Challenge}~ that the very talented ~{Nellie}~ has chosen. She says:

“When I participate in challenges, especially when I’m short of time, I tend to make cards. They are usually a quick and easy thing to make. So this week I challenge you (and myself) to make ANYTHING BUT A CARD for the Stampotique designer’s challenge. ”

I usually make a card too so I don't push myself over my energy limit as there are ALWAYS birthdays happening! So it was good to change that for once. I had a lot of fun decorating this ~{Large Arch}~ by Tando:


I used Grunge Paste through the ~{Tread Carefully Mask}~ on the frame part then, when it was dry, acrylic paints, inkpads and pens.
For the base, I used acrylic paints then stamped ~{Heart Vine}~ a few times, highlighting with white pen. I then stuck the two bits together.
For the focus, I stamped ~{Molly}~ and I thought she could do with bigger wings, so I stamped
~{Tetewea's}~ wings. Molly was coloured with watercolours and the wings are Stazon with some watercolour and doodle highlights.
Finally I stamped ~{Enjoy Today}~ and used some of the words to make a quote that fits for me.

Head over to the ~{SDC Blog}~ to see what this week's team have created and join us to be in with the chance of winning one of two $30 gift certificates to spend in the ~{Stampotique Store}~, randomly drawn at the end of the month.

Kaz xxx

12 comments:

Karen Gist said...

Love it darling!!!!!!! xxx

Samantha Read said...

Lovely Kaz, I always admire your combination of stamps and colours :) big hugs xxx

Dawn said...

Gorgeous arch Kaz, I love the textured frame - brilliant.
Huge huggles x x x x

Hazel said...

This is wonderful, Kaz - sure you had fun making this x

Kathy said...

Fantastic, Kaz - you can see that you enjoyed yourself making this

Angelnorth said...

Love the texture on the frame and the quote is fab!

coco said...

So lovely Arch!!! I love how you have decorated the inside of the Arch and also the additional texture and sweet colours.. Molly fits perfectly well in it with its wings ! xxx

butterfly said...

Oh, yum! Love the texture on the arch, and the image looks so cool.
Alison x

Sue said...

I love this Kaz, gorgeous background and Molly looks fab with wings xx

Juls said...

Fun!!! Love the shape & the colours!! Hugs Juls

Astrid Stulemeijer (AssiCrafts) said...

Awesome!!! Molly looks good with wings :-D XOXO

dutchstamptramp said...

Beautiful as always Kaz!!