Wednesday, 26 June 2013

SDC #106 New Adventures

This week's ~{Stampotique Designer's Challenge}~ is set by the very talented ~{Sarinda}~ and she wants us to go for a New Adventure. My neighbour is going to be moving soon, so I thought it was a perfect theme for making her a new home card. I shall miss her, she's in her 80's, has a wicked sense of humour and laugh, and is more active than me!!


I've used a gessoed book page, cut to a circle and a plain white tag as the base. Both have been splatted with ink, then I doodled with lime ink around the edge - I fancied a change from black!
I stamped ~{Home Sweet Home}~ in Stazon and watercoloured the image, then stamped ~{The Road to a Home of a Friend is Never Long}~ and used just the quote.
The card has been finished off with washi tape and stuck down with silicone glue to add dimension.

So now head over to the ~{SDC Blog}~ to see what the rest of this week's team have come up with and join us with your new adventure. You could win one of 2 randomly drawn prizes of $30 to spend in the ~{Stampotique Store}~ at the end of the month. But only if you follow the rules.

Kaz xxx

13 comments:

tracy said...

thats lovely kaz....loving the green doodles :)

Basement Stamper said...

I love your card, the use of the washi tape and the tag is just perfect and I'm sure your neighbor will love it.

Karen Gist said...

Now if I ever move can I have a card like that? Its gorgeous, she will love it! xxx

Reflective Art Studio said...

Awwwh what a great story and the quote is fabulous. Perfect card for this challenge. xx Love it.
Sarinda

Corrie Herriman said...

Lovely card, perfect sentiment ! Corrie

Juls said...

Really fun card!! Hugs Juls

Angelnorth said...

Great card for the occasion, hope she loves her new home and you get a good neighbour as well!

butterfly said...

What a great card - I love the gessoed booktext circle frame, and that little house is wonderful!
Alison x

france papillon said...

your neighbour can only love this cute card. what a great way to combine all these elements!

xx
france

Astrid Stulemeijer (AssiCrafts) said...

Awesome card! Love your style!! XOXO

Samantha Read said...

Good neighbours are worth their weight in gold aren't they? I know an 80+ lady and she's such a laugh it's like chatting with an 18 year old and soooo rude, lol. I fell in love with your card and I'm sure your neighbour will treasure it forever. Wishing you a lovely weekend xx

Jane Wetzel said...

heart warming story Kaz and LOVE this sweet card!

Traceyr said...

Such a fresh and interesting card Kaz. Love it. :)