Wednesday, 10 July 2013

SDC 108 French Flair

This week's ~{Stampotique Designer's Challenge}~ is set by the lovely ~{Libby}~ and she would like us to show a bit of French Flair. This one had me completely stumped, not least because my mind has been on other things recently. So I did what every crafter with an empty brain does ......... Google it!! And to be sure, I searched Pinterest too!! And so, French Flair = shabby chic in my world!


I started off with a lucky find, the label. I was sitting on my lovely comfy chair and noticed the label peeking out from the side. I don't know how long it's been there, but to be fair, I only cleared the chair recently. It was all inked and still in very good condition (because the chair hadn't been sat on since last year) and was the perfect size for the quote.

I stamped ~{Giant Daisy}~ on card, then stamped ~{Shoot for the Moon}~ onto the label. I stuck some washi tape and lace onto the card then added the label before finishing off with some flowers, mini buttons coloured with Stazon and cord through the buttons. The card was then stuck onto a card blank.

Head over to the ~{SDC Blog}~ to see what the rest of this week's team has made and then join us to be in with the chance of winning one of two randomly drawn prizes of $30 to spend in the ~{Stampotique Store}~. Don't forget to follow the rules though.

Kaz xxx


10 comments:

Dawn said...

Beautiful card Kaz, I love the delicate colour and finishing touches, fab job sweetie.
Huge huggles x x x x

Netty said...

loving your gorgeous card Kaz, hugs Annette x

butterfly said...

Delicious Parisian chic!
Alison x

Kathy said...

This is gorgeous, Kaz - and what a great quotation that is

Angelnorth said...

Love the "sunburst" daisy behind the label and the soft colours are beautiful - great card!

Kath said...

The lace, the flowers, the colours, the label...........all gorgeous. A lovely card.

Samantha Read said...

Beautiful Kaz, wishing you a lovely weekend xxx

Basement Stamper said...

OMG you are so funny finding stuff in the chair :-) I went with the shabby chic french flair look on mine too, love how yours turned out with the white on white.

roc said...

this is wonderful kaz!

Libby Hickson said...

This is gorgeous - you did a great job with the shabby chic look, lots of french flair! Sorry for such a challenging challenge! :-)