Wednesday, 7 August 2013

SDC111 Colour Challenge

There hasn't been much creating going on for me just lately, but I'm hoping to get that changed soon. I started with doing this week's ~{Stampotique Designer's Challenge}~ which has been set by the lovely     ~{Jane}~ and she would like us to use one of her fave colour combos which is purple, orange and yellow.



I started off by splatting some ink onto the card base and then took a gessoed book page and stamped 
~{Mervynboy}~  and  ~{Quizer}~  then watercoloured them.
I've used 2 strips of washi tape to link it all in together then stamped ~{Pull My Finger}~ for a perfect quote for mucky boys! I've finished off with some doodling.
I'm really hoping that this card doesn't get seen by it's recipient whose birthday is next week. It's so appropriate for him!

Hop over to the ~{SDC Blog}~ to see what this week's team has come up with and then join us to be in with the chance of winning one of two randomly drawn prizes of $30 to spend in the ~{Stampotique Store}~ at the end of August.

Kaz xxx

16 comments:

Kathy said...

Love that colour combo - it looks so happy! Great card too - but no chamge there ;)

Karen Gist said...

I don't know why but this makes me think of Max hahaha!!!! Totally brilliant my lovely xxx

Traceyr said...

Love the inky splats Kaz and I love the way you use washi tape.

:)

Hazel said...

I love this - and what a great colour combo for the challenge x

Corrie Herriman said...

I love it. The colours are great together!

Angelnorth said...

Love the splats, perfect with the stamped images - great card!

Dawn said...

Ha ha ha what a fun card Kaz, I love the colours and inky splatty background, perfect!! Ha ha ha ha again, Mrs G is bang on with the 'Max' thing, trumpy bottom that he is!!
Huge huggles x x x x

Valerie H. Wilson said...

OMG, I laughed right out loud! Love this!! My DH says that to me all the time!!! :D

Reflective Art Studio said...

Ha ha awwwwhhh ha. Nice.
Sarinda

dutchstamptramp said...

I LOVE it Kaz!!! what a wonderful composition and I love those little guys :-)

Lindeke said...

Love it!! So funny! And the colors are so wonderful together! Gr, Linda

france papillon said...

love it! so much you make me want some stamps i don't have!!

R.Maria Sabina ( Lollyrot) said...

The tiny splashes look PERFECT on this card!

butterfly said...

What a delight - fun, quirky and loving those splatters!
Alison x

Sue said...

This is super, love your use of just the 2 colours.
Sue x

Coco said...

Great card Kaz, very gorgeous !!!! And thank you to show me a way of using Quizer and Mervinboy I have too but never used so far, ooops... :))) Hugs xx