Wednesday, 4 September 2013

SDC 115 - Layer It Up

First off thank you to all who joined in my challenge last week, it's always very difficult choosing 3 favourites and this week was no exception.

The next ~{Stampotique Designer's Challenge}~ has been set by the lovely ~{Sue}~ and she would like us to use at least 3 layers in our creations. I had such a lot of fun making this card:


I started off by stamping ~{Abstract Foliage}~ on some card and trimming it to size. Next I stamped ~{Fax to Wolfgang}~ in very pale ink on card and tearing that. And finally stamping the new and gorgeous ~{Artichoke Monster}~ and watercolouring the image.

I've layered it all up with some washi tape and inky edges and then stamping ~{Happy Birthday}~ directly onto the card.

Head over to the ~{SDC Blog}~ to see what this week's team have created - the new release images are showcased a lot - and then join us to be in with the chance of winning one of two randomly drawn prizes of $30 to spend in the ~{Stampotique Store}~ at the end of the month. Don't forget to check out the rules though.

Kaz xxx

10 comments:

Hazel said...

I love this, Kaz. The background in pink is delicious and I love the way you've done the image. x

Karen Gist said...

This is fab Kaz...love Artichoke :D.

really liking your 21st card below too. They can be really tricky but you have nailed it my lovely xxx

Corrie Herriman said...

The Artichoke monster is soooo cute, must go on my wishlist!
Love the card you made !

Angelnorth said...

Great pink and black combo - fab card!

Coco said...

Hi Kaz, at first I wanted to tell you that I'm really sorry that I missed time too much to enter your last challenge, although it eyed me up a lot !!! (hope my English is correct lol!)
Regarding your card, that's a great one of course, as usuals !! I love this Abstract Foliage stamp and how you used it, and Artichoke is so cute... yum! Hugs Coco xx

france papillon said...

what a great way to grungy up a card with subtility, wow!
xx
france

Kathy said...

what a great card, Kaz, I love the mix of bright pink with the more muted shades. all the layers and still so crisp and clean - clever!

dutchstamptramp said...

Beautiful card Kaz!

Sue said...

Brilliant Kaz, I love how the old and the new stamps work so well together xx

Gay Peplow said...

Hi Kaz, I always love visiting you, your use of colour is amazing! This little cutie is no exception, totally fabulous :D xx