Thursday, 19 September 2013

SDC 117 Birthday

Have you heard the news yet that there is a design team call at Stampotique? Check out all the details ~{HERE}~.

Time for another ~{Stampotique Designer's Challenge}~ and this time it's set by the lovely ~{Kim}~ who would like us to make something for a Birthday. It was Kim's birthday yesterday, so this one's for you Kim x.



It's not easy to see on the photo, but I started the base off with some goosebumps spray and a quick squirt of some ink. Then I took the tile I use when watercolouring, sprayed the remains with water and put it onto the card base. I love the little dots of colour it gives.
Onto a separate piece of card I stamped ~{Every Girl and Dog}~, one of the new releases and watercoloured  it. I made this thinking I'd give it to my sister for her birthday, so I coloured the dog like Jess, as best you can when you have a black dog! I think the dots on her paws and nose give her away though.
I finished off with some doodling with ink and ~{Happy Birthday}~, which we all know is my 'go to' greeting!

Head over to the ~{SDC Blog}~ to see what this week's team have created, then join us to be in with the chance of winning one of two randomly drawn prizes of $30 to spend in the ~{Stampotique Store}~ at the end of the month. You could be treating yourself to some new releases!

Kaz xxx

11 comments:

Caroline said...

Super cute card Kaz...love the stamp..x

Dawn said...

Gorgeous card sweetie, what a fab inky background. Ha ha ha that little girl reminds me of some of my old school photos!!!
Huge hugs x x x x

Coco said...

Beautiful and cute card ! I love the delicate drops of different inks you put on your background, fab effect ! Coco xx

Netty said...

Beautiful whimsical card Kaz and loving the background, Annette x

Astrid Stulemeijer (AssiCrafts) said...

Super cute Kaz! XOXO

Corrie Herriman said...

Love it !
Corrie x

Kath said...

Great card, Kaz. I love the background.

Traceyr said...

I love the soft feel to this watercoloured card Kaz. And the effect of the inky splodges are delightful.

:)

Angelnorth said...

Great watercolouring and the subtle splodgy background looks fab!

Basement Stamper said...

very pretty background, thanks for the birthday wishes!

Karen Gist said...

hahaha at Dawn!!!! This is so gorgeous Kaz, love it and that stamp :D xxx