Tuesday, 10 September 2013

Tando ~ We Are Family

The theme this week on ~{Tando}~ is Family and so I had to use this fabulous quote for a journal page. I've used it before, but it's a completely different project. I've gone mad with masks this time.


The background started off as somewhere I painted the leftover paints from other projects and then I used the following masks:
~{Splatter}~
~{Sequin Waste}~
~{Codebreaker}~ this I sprayed ink through, but it wasn't dark enough so I inked through it afterwards and I like the fact that it looks like double vision!
And ~{Heart Background}~.

I really went to town after I'd completed the background with doodling, ink splats and washi tape. I also used some of the new release (and older) Stampotiques to make up my family onto gessoed book pages:
~{Chicken}~
~{Are My Pants Too Tight}~ love that name!
~{Quizer}~ 
and ~{Mervynboy}~.

The quote is made using little alpha stamps.

Here's a few close ups:









6 comments:

Dawn said...

Wow Kaz, what a fab journal page, way to go sweetie.
Huge huggles x x x x

Karen Gist said...

hahahaha LOVE that quote!!!!! Fabulous page my lovely, love the colours and the way your left the 'people' black & white... GREAT job!!!!! HUGS xxxxx

Angelnorth said...

Fantastic journal pages, love the colour/B&W contrast and the quote is perfect!

Corrie Herriman said...

Fab art journal, love the colours and the sentiment in hilarious ! Great job!

Hazel said...

Fab pages, Kaz - love the saying. x

Kathy said...

This is a wonderful, and inspirational piece - so many things to look at and so many ideas to try out