Wednesday, 9 October 2013

SDC 120 ~ Flip, Fold, Hinge Ooops!

This week's ~{Stampotique Designer's Challenge}~ is hosted by the lovely ~{Val}~ and I have got the wrong end of the stick for this challenge!! She says:

Handles, hinges, buckles, fasteners, pulls - different ways to flip, fold, fasten, open, close and grasp! 


Well I saw the flip, fold and hinge and went off and just did a folded gift wallet with no fastenings or handles!! I had a lot of fun making this though, so I'm hoping Val will forgive me ;)


I cut some black card so it was the right size to fit a credit card sized Gift Card with a folded flap inside.

I started off with a Fresco painty background on some card with a bit of inkiness added on to it (I got lovely and messy doing this) and stamped ~{Fax to Wolfgang}~ over this lightly. I then cut the card into the right sizes and stamped ~{Seaweed}~ and used white pen to fill in the circles.

I stamped the following stamps:
 ~{Tree 2 sided}~
 ~{Bushes}~
~{2 Nuage (Fr)}~
~{Feathery Monster}~ and
 ~{Artichoke Monster}~ and watercoloured all images before cutting them out.


I stuck some Washi tape onto white card and trimmed it for everything to sit on and glued it all in place.

Head over to the ~{SDC Blog}~ to check out the rest of the team's goodies (they have played properly!) and then join us using any stamp (as long as it's not a digi image) and, if you follow the rules, you will be in with the chance of winning one of two randomly drawn prizes of $30 to spend in the ~{Stampotique Store}~ at the end of the month.

Kaz xxx


14 comments:

Ginger said...

Lovely Kaz, it flips and folds which is more than mine does :((

tracy said...

it's very lovely kaz :)

R.Maria Sabina ( Lollyrot) said...

this is SOOOOO CUUUUUTEEEEEE!!!!!!

Karen Gist said...

Right or wrong, I LOVE it!!! Very cute my lovely xxx

Dawn said...

This is gorgeous, vibrant and lots of fun sweetie. A very 'happy mistake', not that I would call it one at all tbh tee hee.
Huge hugs x x x x

Kay Wallace said...

You may not win this challenge, Kaz, but your have still produced a winner in my book! This is a gift card enclosure with pizzazz! Love it!

Carol said...

Totally gorgeous Kaz xx

Corrie Herriman said...

Love it, right or wrong, I don't care, it is gorgeous !
Corrie x

Kath said...

Well I think it fits the bill nicely. It is folded after all!!! LOL

france papillon said...

this is too cute, Val will have to forgive you ;)))
xx
france

Samantha Read said...

So cute Kaz and I always love the stamps and colours you work with xx

Hazel said...

Super crafting, Kaz x

Astrid Stulemeijer (AssiCrafts) said...

This is gorgeous Kaz! XOXO

roc said...

your post made me giggle! it did turn out awesome (minus the fastener! :})