Wednesday, 20 November 2013

SDC #126 Paint Splats

This week's ~{Stampotique Designer's Challenge}~ is to use paint splats on our creations. I cheated a little bit and used a stencil:


I masked off parts of the ~{Splatter Mask}~ and applied the paint carefully through it, starting at the middle and working outwards as the sponge got drying to avoid the paint 'bleeding'. I then used the paint on the ~{Splatter Long}~ stamp to elongate the splats.

I stamped ~{Hamlet of Halloween}~, who I adore, onto card, watercoloured and cut out before attaching him onto the card with a strip of washi tape on card.

I stamped ~{Happy Birthday}~ onto card and cut each letter individually then inked the edges.

Head on over to the ~{SDC Blog}~ to check out the creations by this week's team and then join us, using any stamp except digis with your splatters. If you follow the rules you will be in with the chance of winning one of 2 randomly drawn prizes of $30 to spend in the ~{Stampotique Store}~.

Kaz xxx

13 comments:

Corrie Herriman said...

Maybe you did cheat with your stencil but I think this card is absolutely FAB !!!
Corrie x

Samantha Read said...

I always love coming to your blog Kaz because you always make me smile. Love your splats!!! Have a great day xx

*Arwen* said...

I love it too! Think, it's so gorgeous

xx Arwen

Angelnorth said...

Great colours with your splats, fab card!

Karen Gist said...

Your splats look so neat!!!! Gorgeous card xxx

Kay Wallace said...

Even with the stencil, it is pretty much one layer in *my* book, Kaz! Love the very delicate turquoise splats! Super cute!

Astrid Stulemeijer (AssiCrafts) said...

Very cool card! LOVE your splatters! XOXO

Traceyr said...

Don't think using a stencil is cheating they are still splats and the whole card is great. Loving those cut out letters, must have taken you ages to ink each individual letter.

:)

Tanja said...

I love it!

Jane Wetzel said...

sweet! I used a stencil too...shhhhhh!

Sue said...

Gorgeous card Kaz, and my only problem with using a stencil is that I didn't think of it too lol xx

Coco said...

Never mind if you have cheated a bit... your card is gorgeous like that !!! :-) Happy Sunday Kaz, take care. Hugs coco xx

roc said...

this is adorable. love it!