Friday, 13 December 2013

Tando-Creative Party!!

This week on the ~{Tando Blog}~ our theme is 'Party' and I've made an invitation to a New Year Party. Not that I go to any anymore!! I'm usually tucked up on the sofa, under the duvet, trying to keep my eyes open to see the fireworks!!


I started off with a card blank and did a Pan Pastel strip down it, then used Pan Pastel through the~{Clock Mask}~. I love the way this gives a shaded look straight off without using a second colour. The trick is to get a good bit on the sponge. I gave it a good spraying with a mega cheap hairspray - cheap seems to work better than posh ones!

I then took two of the stars from the ~{Mini Stars}~ and painted them with acrylic paints, inked the edges, smudged white pencil on the middles and doodled on them. I stamped the words in place.

I gave two balloons from the ~{Mini Balloons}~ the same treatment.

Two arrows from the ~{Mini Arrows}~ were painted and then everything was stuck in place.

I finished off with some doodling and rub on letters.

Kaz xxx

4 comments:

Karen Gist said...

I am loving the effect of the pan pastels through the mask Kaz...its sort of two toned. A very pretty card my lovely. HUGS xxx

Coco said...

Also very clever in my view... I love your card Kaz! Coco xx

Angelnorth said...

Fab, love the PP through the stencil and the white pencil smudge gives those shapes oodles of chracter - love it! Pricier hairsprays tend to have conditioners and stuff in them so you're right - the cheaper the better!

Kay Wallace said...

Great "party" card, Kaz! But, like you, I have seen only a few midnight fireworks to ring in the new year lately. The design of this card is original, strong, and full of energy! Well done!