Saturday, 8 March 2014

Journal 52 week 4 your character

I made this page for the Journal 52 back in January, but couldn't post it straight away as the ~{Flourish Long Mask}~ hadn't been released yet ..................  and then I forgot about it. I've just seen it sitting in my blog post list!! The prompt was Building Character:


There was absolutely no way I was even attempting to draw anything, so I did the next best thing and stamped ~{Karin}~ onto the background I'd made with masks, inks and paints. I watercoloured her and then went to town with a pen using quotes that meant something to me and a bit of personal journalling around her.
Basically, although my life can be pretty crappy due to poor health, I always try to laugh my way through it. I have so many things to be grateful for and I really hate feeling miserable, so it's up to me to be cheerful.

Kaz xxx

11 comments:

Angelnorth said...

Great page, love the journaling and Karin makes a good "substitute me" I reckon!

Caroline said...

Fab journal page Kaz, and I love the sentiment. You always seem a cheery and fun person, so I do hope you manage to laugh more than not..x

Gez Butterworth said...

Fabulous page Kaz. I love your choice of colours ♥ Great sentiment to live by xxx

Beth said...

Hi Kaz, lovely sentiments and always lovely, meaningful art from you.
Beth xx

Beth said...

Hi Kaz, lovely sentiments and always lovely, meaningful art from you.
Beth xx

Claudine Criner said...

Ohh Kaz, this is wonderful, loving the sentiment, it's so true!!

Traceyr said...

Fun page Kaz and may you continue to laugh x x :)

massofhair said...

BEAUTIFUL Page this week, i am in the same boat as you with illness and trying to laugh as much as possible to get through so i really do appreciate your journalling and using Karin. Background is fantastic and love that stencilling and frame :-) xxx

Kay Wallace said...

Kaz, this is absolutely a work of heart! True words, great image, super color palette! Just perfect!

Corrie Herriman said...

FAB !
Corrie x

Karen Gist said...

I love that you used mad Karin for this :-D Keep smiling through my lovely xxx