Wednesday, 5 March 2014

SDC 137 Textured Background

This week sees ~{Kay}~ setting her first ~{Stampotique Designer's Challenge}~ and she would like us to use a textured background. I made a tag:



I stamped ~{Hutching's}~ onto the tag in light grey ink then used texture paste through the new Long Flourish Mask from Tando and dipped the tag in watery inks once it was dry.  I stamped ~{Midge}~ onto gessoed book paper and very lightly watercoloured her. She is standing on ~{Dotted Line}~, which has Glossy Accents on the white bits for more texture - sadly that doesn't show so well.

I've stamped 3 flowers from ~{Blessed Skellie}~  and coloured and cut them out and stamped the butterfly from ~{Meow Garden}~ directly onto the tag.

Head on over to the ~{SDC Blog}~ to see what the rest of the team has come up with and then join us with your stamped project. If you follow the simple rules you could be in with the chance of winning one of two randomly drawn prizes of $30 to spend in the ~{Stampotique Store}~ at the end of the month.

Kaz xxx

14 comments:

Jackie said...

Karen this is a beautiful tag .... I love it!
But then looking back at your work over the last few months I love just about every thing you have made!!!
Your a talented lady!

Sue said...

This is wonderful Kaz, I love the gentle background and then the bolder flowers xx

Kathy said...

Absolutely delightful - the colours are perfect for Spring

Karen Gist said...

Awe Midge looks so pretty on her bed of flowers Kaz! A gorgeous tag sweetie xxx

Kay Wallace said...

Your tag has conjured up in me the feeling of Spring warmth, and I so need to have this feeling to sustain me these cold wintry days! You have certainly created a lot of texture here, as well as a wonderful story. Love Midge!

Angelnorth said...

Lovely tag, the textured background looks fab with Midge!

Kath said...

Such a nice tag. The colours are beautiful and remind me of spring.

Claudine Criner said...

So beautiful and such nice soft subtle colors.

Corrie Herriman said...

Love the soft colours on this tag ! Brilliant !
Corrie x

Amanda said...

Great tag, love the softness of colour for your background.
Love
Amanda x

massofhair said...

Beautiful Tag, love everything about it :-) xxx

butterfly said...

What a pretty watercoloury background - and I love the two discs to frame the little girl.
Alison x

Traceyr said...

Beautiful Springlike feel to that tag. :)

dutchstamptramp said...

How stunning is that! I love it Kaz so beautiful!