Wednesday, 26 March 2014

SDC 140 Vintage Looking

This week's ~{Stampotique Designer's Challenge}~ is set by ~{France}~ and she would like us to make a vintage looking piece. I have always struggled with vintage. I like the look, but am never happy with what I make. I think it's because I prefer bright colours and white space, so I compromised and made this card:


I stamped ~{Fax to Wolfgang}~ onto the card blank then cut a label shape and inked the edges. Then I stamped ~{Little Friends}~ onto a gessoed book page, cut it out and coloured the girls very slightly.

I've wrapped some cord around the label and added a tiny button.

~{Happy Birthday}~ was stamped onto card, inked and trimmed to size and the whole thing finished off with a couple of flowers. I'm happier having a bit of white space and not too many browns!

Head over to the ~{SDC Blog}~ to see what this week's team has come up with and then join us with your vintage creation. If you follow the simple rules you will be in with the chance of winning one of two randomly drawn prizes of $30 to spend in the ~{Stampotique Store}~ at the end of the month. And there's a new release coming soon that you could spend it on!

Kaz xxx

17 comments:

Netty said...

Love your beautiful vintage card Kaz, great choice of colours, Annette x

Karen Gist said...

One vintage card perfecty mastered my lovely xxx

Kath said...

It's lovely, Kaz.

Claudine Criner said...

This is a lovely card, nicely done!

Kay Wallace said...

Absolutely vintage and absolutely beautiful, Kaz! Love that delicate blue color to showcase your image! Love it!

Angelnorth said...

Great to see a different take on vintage, this is lovely Kaz!

Amanda said...

Love this vintage with white space, fabulous!!
Love
Amanda x

Corrie Herriman said...

I really like your take on this challenge. Very refreshing !
COrrie x

massofhair said...

CAS Vintage, love your card it is awesome!
Think you have rocked this style Kaz, great inspiration indeed:-) xxx

Jackie said...

Beautiful ......... I love it!

france papillon said...

you convinced me that C & S and vintage work together perfectly! this is such a sweet piece :)))
xx
france

Sue said...

A wonderful card Kaz, I love the addition of those tiny buttons xx

Coco said...

A perfect 'compromise', I love your card so gorgeous once again Kaz, even using less bright colours than usuals!! Hugs from Rennes, Coco xx

Basement Stamper said...

perfect vintage piece, love the flowers and buttons.

dutchstamptramp said...

Wow a stunner again Kaz. Love it!

Kathi said...

This is so wonderful. I love the color palette, the placement of the elements, and all that wonderful white space!

Hazel said...

Beautifully vintage x