Wednesday, 2 April 2014

SDC 141 a touch of humour

This week's ~{Stampotique Designer's Challenge}~ is set by ~{Nellie}~ and she would like to see some humour in your creations. We're spoiled for choice because of the style of images at Stampotique. I did another page for my Journal 52:


I've layered up inkiness and papers with washi tape and a kraft tag with white paint. I've also used the leaves parts of the tree and leaves 3 part mask. I've used               ~{Design Cube}~ on the tag and the base and stamped ~{Giorgio}~, cut him out and watercoloured him with inks. I've given him some eyes through his mask. I have eyes like that before the coffee does it's trick!

I then stamped ~{ABC's}~ a few times and cut the letters out. And yes, I did wonder what had possessed me to do that! I got the quote from Pinterest of course. I actually had trouble deciding what one to use because most of the ones I wanted to use were a bit too sweary for a DT piece!!!

So head on over to the ~{SDC Blog}~ to see what the rest of the team have come up with and then join us to be in with the chance of winning one of two $30 gift certificates to spend in the ~{Stampotique Store}~. There's just a couple of simple rules to follow.

Kaz xxx

16 comments:

Jackie said...

It's a great funny journal page Kaz, beautiful !
I love the colour pallet you have worked with for this page it has turned out fantastic!

Karen Gist said...

hahaha! Too sweary??? haha!!!!! Fabulous journal page xxx

massofhair said...

Wonderful Journal page, really funny quote which goes so well with your Stampotique character :-) xxx

Kay Wallace said...

I agree that there is some concern about the DT "setting an example," and I may have crossed that line with my piece today! But, I love yours just as it is--I can fill in that four-letter word perfectly on my own! I have to say you have more patience that I with cutting out each letter of your "sentiment!" Well done, Kaz...very, very well done!

Kathi said...

"Too sweary"? *giggle*

Fabulous page. I love the color palette you used, the way you colored Giorgio (and his eyeballs), and the (painstaking) placement of the sentiment letters.

dutchstamptramp said...

Fab page Kaz, love your colours as always and the words brought a smile to my face!

Corrie Herriman said...

This made me giggle ! Great page !
Corrie x

Claudine Criner said...

Beautiful card, I just love the humor in it too, awesome!!

Sue OConnell said...

Great page - I know how she feels!

Angelnorth said...

Hee hee, fab journal page! (one of DH's favourite T shirts says "Just give me the coffee and no one gets hurt" on it)

Kath said...

It made me giggle! Good page, Kaz.

Dawn said...

Hee hee hee hee hee what a fab quote, me to a 'T' you know!!!!!
This is a gorgeous spread sweetie, I love all the layers and your colour combos always work so beautifully.
Thank-you so much for your sweet visit a few days ago, much appreciated. Hoping you are well??
Huge huggles x x x x

Hazel said...

Definitely sounds like me! Love it, Kaz xx

Juls said...

Fun Card!!!! Hugs Juls

Gio said...

wow, this is so cute!! That stamp is so eyecatching, and you used it in a wonderful way, Kaz!

Coco said...

Fabulous make, really amazing!!! xx