Thursday, 22 May 2014

SDC 148 Steampunk And Tando Anything Goes

I'm being a bit cheeky this week and have combined my two design team projects, something I don't  normally like to do. This wasn't the plan, but an unexpected incident at the beginning of the week put paid to me doing the second thing. Luckily for me, Stampotique and Tando products go so well together, these are my 'go to' companies before any other and I'd used the  Tando on the Stampotique already. Still following??

So ~{SDC}~ is set by ~{Kathi}~ and it's steampunk, which is always a challenge for me and ~{Tando}~ is anything goes (stroke of luck there) so I made this card:


I made the background using the ~{Cogs Group Mask}~ and Brilliance Inks for a bit of shimmer.
I stamped ~{Scooter Girl}~ onto patterned card after I'd masked the wheels and elongated her body. I stamped the head again and watercoloured it and stamped ~{Mad Hatter's}~ hat and watercoloured that. I've stamped the hat again using the patterned card for the band.

I painted 2 cogs from the ~{Grab Bag of Cogs}~ and used the Brilliance ink on them, then doodled on them both.

I added Living It from the ~{Barcode Text}~ stamp, some teeny tiny watch parts and a washi tape floor for her to roll on. It might be a bit bumpier with those wheels though!

Join us at ~{SDC Blog}~ for the chance to win one of two $30 gift certificates at the end of the month to spend in the shiny new ~{Stampotique Store}~.
And if you like the Tando products, they are available directly now at the ~{Tando Retail Store}~.

Individual posts will be resumed next week ;)

Kaz xxx

11 comments:

Debbie said...

Wow Kaz, I absolutely love this.
The card is very clean and fresh and the image and colours used are just gorgeous.
I saw the Stampotique Steampunk challenge and did not have a clue what to do, you have nailed it. Take Care, hope your well. Debbiex

Karen Gist said...

I am not into steampunk either and wouldn't know where to start! But you have done a wonderful job here Kaz xxx

Sue said...

Love this Kaz, such fresh colours, she really is living it isn't she lol xx

Angelnorth said...

Great take on steampunk - nice to see it fresh and bright rather than dark and grungy!

Di Willcox said...

I love the way you "kaz up" anything!! Lush colours and image :) x

Gay Peplow said...

Soo pretty Kaz, I'm loving the pastel cogs and her wheels of course LOL :D x

massofhair said...

CAS Steampunk, perfection! :-) xxx

Claudine Criner said...

This is o darn cute Kaz, I love it!

Kay Wallace said...

This is absolutely adorable and just couldn't be any cuter! Love how you swapped the wheels for the gears to bring it 'round to a definitely steampunk creation! Great hat, too!

dutchstamptramp said...

Beautiful Kaz! Love the way you combine stamps!

Traceyr said...

All the cogs and watch parts tie in beautifully Kaz. Super card. :)