Wednesday, 28 May 2014

SDC 149 Pink, Turquoise and Polka Dots

This week's ~{Stampotique Designer's Challenge}~ is set by ~{Sam}~ and she wants us to use pink, turquoise and polka dots, which is fab because I love this combo too.



I used a polka dot washi tape for the centre of the background and stamped ~{Abstract Foliage}~ in turquoise Stazon on either side.

I stamped ~{Cup of Fun Certainty}~ and watercoloured it, then cut it out. It didn't look right just on the top as I'd imagined and I didn't want to put it on a different base, so I tried sticking it onto black card and cut it out. That just smacked me in the face with the contrast and I liked that ;).

I stamped just for you from ~{Barcode Text}~ and finished off with a bit of doodling.

Head over to the ~{SDC Blog}~ to see what the rest of the team have come up with and then link up your creation. If you follow the simple rules you will be put in the random draw at the end of the month and could win one of two $30 gift certificate to spend in the        ~{Stampotique Store}~.

Kaz xxx

12 comments:

Dotty Jo x said...

I love it! Jo x

R.Maria Sabina said...

fantastic!!! loving it! Makes me wanna eat cupcakes

Hazel said...

So yummy - love it x

Gez Butterworth said...

Now that's what I call a cupcake ♥♥♥

*Arwen* said...

mmmh yummy
It's amazing <3

xx Arwen

massofhair said...

Don't usually like cupcakes but i love yours very much. CAS Stampotique, something i would like to aspire to.

Thanks for the fantastic inspiration :-) xxx

Angelnorth said...

This looks fab Kaz and that black border sets it off perfectly!

Kay Wallace said...

A delightful combination of stamps to create the perfect birthday card today! Love the black matting behind Cup of Fun Certainty! Really makes it pop!

Claudine Criner said...

Beautiful cupcake, makes me want one! haha! I love the card and they way you used the colors and polka dots is awesome!

Corrie Herriman said...

As always I love your cards and this one is no exception ! Delicious....
Corrie x

Samantha Read said...

Brilliant!!

Gay Peplow said...

Love the whole card, fab colours fab definition, design, fab colouring, love it!!!!!