Monday, 16 June 2014

Creative Blog Hop

I am so late posting this!! Last week I was tagged in a Blog Hop by ~{Emma- Scrapping Is My Life}~ and it's my turn to tag people today. The idea of the hop is to pass on the joy of creativity and share who we are inspired by.

Emma does the most amazing scrapbook pages documenting her gorgeous children and, although I don't scrapbook, I have been inspired by her layering and compositions and they have turned up on some of my journal pages and cards.

1. What are you working on?

The vast majority of what I create is for the design teams I'm on and mostly they are cards, but also journal pages. This year I have been doing the Journal 52 prompts and I'm more or less keeping up with them. I wanted to do something for me. This is a page I've just done:


The focus is on the ~{Hazelbunny}~ stamp. I tend to use either funny quotes or inspirational ones.

2. How does your work differ from others in your genre?

I'm not sure it is different, although I do prefer the clean and simple style with bright colours rather than the usual grunge and distressed look that you see a lot of. I think they are happier colours and I like cheerful - life's too short to be dull and dreary ;)

3. Why do I create/write what I do?

I create for 2 design teams ~{Tando}~ and ~{Stampotique}~ and am lucky that the two work so well together. The main reason I started making cards was because I was finding it difficult to keep going out and buy cards for family and friends due to being ill with M.E. I started with card kits over 10 years ago and have moved on from there to where I am now. My first blog posts are a bit embarrassing, but I was happy with them at the time!

4. How does your creating process work?

I usually start simply with the theme for the week on the design team! For Stampotique, I have a book where I've stamped every image I've got (I'm a very lucky girl) and I have a flick through there to see if anything springs to mind. I start with the most recent stamps I've received as those are the ones to promote first, but then I can see which older ones work as well.
With Tando, I tend to start with finding the right mask I can use! I appointed myself the card-maker for Tando ;) I love the 3D products and printer trays that Tando do so well, but I find it too much work at the moment to complete and I really think that the masks and minis go together perfectly for cards.
For my art journalling, I tend to start with a quote and just see what happens when I add colour to the pages - every page is different on paper to how it started in my head.


SO now onto who I am linking to; they will be posting next Monday, but if you haven't been to their blogs before, please go and have a look.
There are plenty of people who inspire me, but I've chosen to tag 3 of my crafting friends that I have made over the years.

1. Karen ~{Karen's Carry Ons}~ not only is Karen very talented, but she is a very good friend of mine.

Hello, I am Karen and I live in beautiful Cornwall, England with my hubby and 3 cats who are my fur babies haha! I have been crafting since my Gran taught me to crochet when I was 6yrs old...a lifetime ago! I have tried most crafts since then & at the moment I am just loving getting all painty & messy. Although I often feel the urge to go back to my roots and sew a little something

2. Gez ~{Dragonfly Dreams}~ Gez is so artistic and is a lot more talented than she realises!! She is also a lovely person.

Hi Gez here, self taught mixed media artist, designer, crochet addict & Mum, chasing my tail and trying to capture those moments you can’t put into words.. life is certainly a rollercoaster. I wear many hats and love them all but not all at the same time please!!


3. Finally Carol ~{Krafty Pieces}~ the first time I spoke to Carol on the phone, it was like we'd been chatting for years! Carol makes gorgeous mixed media projects and also keeps the Tando team in check ;)

I'm a wife, mother, friend, daughter, neice, granddaughter and full time worker who would love to spend all day creating!! Got a gorgeous Weimaraner, Ty, who's my babe...and a gorgeous rescue black cat called Flo-Jo who's now my crafty helper! 

Kaz xxx

8 comments:

massofhair said...

Fabulous post Kaz, can understand why you choose to stick to card making rather than 3D projects.

Your ArT has always inspired me since i found your Blog and yes your cards are always fun to see and not at all grungy. I adore CAS projects!

Will pop and see the three links to friends you have posted, it's always good to have such wonderful friends :-) xxx

Karen Gist said...

What a lovely post darling and thank you so much for nominating me, hugs xxx

Gez Butterworth said...

Fabulous Kaz. Thank you for inspiring us all with your beautiful creations. Keep up the good work making sure you grab some arty 'me' time, it's good for the soul xxoo

Vera Lane Studio said...

Everything you create is so lovely. There should be a book filled with your
eye candy.

Astrid Stulemeijer (AssiCrafts) said...

Really fun page Kaz!!

Kay Wallace said...

Great art and a fun post!

Corrie Herriman said...

Great blogpost and I love your journal 52 page. It is in the typical Kaz style that we all love ! Keep up the good work !
Corrie x

Hazel said...

Super journal page, Kaz and lovely blog post. x