Wednesday, 18 June 2014

SDC 152 Sentimental

This week's ~{Stampotique Designer's Challenge}~ is set by the lovely ~{Gez}~ and she would like us to use a sentiment on our projects. I made another page for the Journal 52:


The page was covered in absorbent ground so I could use watercolours for the background. Once dry, I stamped ~{ABC's}~ randomly and repeatedly across the coloured part.

I stamped  one of ~{Birdy Up}~ onto a separate piece of card and then stamped  ~{Bird Cage}~ over the top. Once I'd coloured the bird, I carefully cut the cage and stuck it in place.

I stamped ~{Comfort Zone}~ onto the watercolour part and went over it with a black pen to make sure it showed up clearly.

I finished off with shading and doodling and some letter stickers.

Head over to the ~{SDC Blog}~ to see what this week's team has come up with and then join us to be in the random draw at the end of the month to win one of two $30 vouchers to spend in the ~{Stampotique Store}~.

Kaz xxx

11 comments:

Angelnorth said...

You really do have the cutting patience of a saint to tackle that birdcage! Fab effect though, it looks great!

Amanda said...

Absolutely love this Kaz
Love
Amanda x

Karen Gist said...

This is so gorgeous Kaz! I love that this book is goingto have your favourite beautiful colours running through it. er what do you mean by 'covered in absorbent ground'? Is that a new product that I need? HUGS xxx

Kay Wallace said...

What an inspirational journal page, Kaz! The design is unique, and I love it! Love the tiny details--like hanging the birdcage from your doodled border! Great background colors, too! And, yes, I am in awe of your fussy cutting skills!

Corrie Herriman said...

I love your page (I love everything you make !!! ) the colours are fab, great sentiment and I admire your patience cutting out the cage !!
Corrie x

Gez Butterworth said...

LUSH!!!! ♥♥♥♥♥

massofhair said...

Have to say how amazing you are, such patience with your fussy cutting, a skill in itself.

Beautiful colors, fabulous sentiment and a triumph of a journal page :-) xxx

Kath said...

Great journal page, Kaz. love the colours and sentiment and the cage is fabulous cutting!

butterfly said...

Just terrific - lush background and the bird is so zingy against it... Can't believe you fussy cut that cage!!
Alison x

Caroline said...

Lovely card Kaz and I find cutting therapeutic but not sure I would have tackled the birdcage! x

dutchstamptramp said...

Fabulous and what a yummy colours!