Friday, 6 June 2014

Vera Lane Digis (but I don't 'do' digi)

Years ago, I bought a few digi stamps, but never quite got the enjoyment from them that I got from stamping so I didn't bother with them again. That all changed when I saw the gorgeous creations ~{Jane Wetzel}~  was making with Janet Klein's ~{Vera Lane Studio}~ images. I love Janet's stamp designs from ~{Stampotique}~ so really it should have been no surprise. So I got some.

Once I'd reopened the photo editing software, swore a bit and then remembered what to do, I had a lot of fun resizing, flipping and printing out the images. I made 2 things:



I had made the chipboard ~{ATC}~ from Tando using paints and pencils previously and done nothing with it, but one image fitted it perfectly. The girl and the quote are the ~{April set}~. I very carefully watercoloured her so the printing ink didn't run!


I then added a bigger version of her to a journal page I'd been playing with. I love her face. The quote came from Pinterest of course! 

It was lovely to make something 'for me' again and I have another set printed ready to play with, but DT stuff will come before that!

Kaz xxx

12 comments:

Karen Gist said...

WOW! This is a lovely digi image isn't it! I am not a fan of them either but I do like this!!! Love what you have done with her. Off to have a look now :-D xxx

Karen Gist said...

Been shopping and got three!!!!! Thank you my lovely xxx

Vera Lane Studio said...

Thank you Karen and Karen!
These are wonderful and I'm so glad you stepped out of your comfort zone to play on Vera Lane.

I just open my files in Word. Using picture tools you can layer, rotate, rezsize.
My ideas can't all go into rubber so I digi!

Jane Wetzel said...

these are INCREDIBLY CUTE!!! woo hoo Kaz!!! hugs!

Kay Wallace said...

I am in that group of "don't do digi," not because I don't like them, but because I don't want to spend money on something that I can't use. I love what you have done here, Kaz, and I hope that you (or Janet) will do a tutorial on how to use them. I must admit, I am intrigued!

Corrie Herriman said...

Absolutely fab !
Corrie x

Angelnorth said...

Fab projects, they both look great!

Gordon Strachan said...

I like your journal with the inspiring words and your quirky cards. I have chronic fatigue and started making cards because I wasn't fit to go out to buy them. I'm thinking about trying scrapbooking. Best wishes, doreen. My name will probably show up as gordon as the only account I can access that's compatible is a blog I set up for my dad. Mind you kinda of cool to have an alias though probably not your dad's name!

Hazel said...

Love the way you've used this beautiful image x

Jackie said...

What great projects u made! I must admit to having never tried a digi stamp

Gez Butterworth said...

BRILLIANT Kaz. Glad you had some me time xxxx

enelya said...

Lovely...I just bought three, and Jane gave me three for free as well because it was buy one get one free week. can't wait to get started on them