Wednesday, 2 July 2014

SDC 154 Bon Voyage/Vacation

This week's ~{Stampotique Designer's Challenge}~ is set by ~{Kathi}~ and she's given us the theme of Vacation. I've just returned from a 'vacation' at my sister's! It's been a very long time since I went abroad on a holiday, but I do remember the torment of waiting for your suitcase to come through and wondering which of the hundreds of plain cases could be yours. So, in the hope that one day I will go to another country, I have made a tag to tie to the case to make it easier to spot. (At the moment it is tied onto my craft tote as this is much more likely to be used first!).


I've used a Tando chipboard tag that I think has been discontinued, and used acrylic paints to make a base. I stamped ~{Polka Dots}~ in white paint and added a load of doodles.

I stamped ~{Stacked Suitcases}~ then stamped one of the ~{Quails Cube}~ onto the top then cut them out and cut the bottom suitcase off as it didn't fit. I've watercoloured the images which would have been a stupid thing to do if I really was going away ;)

Here it is tied to my tote bag:


The base was made exactly the same on the reverse, then I used ~{Life is not Measured By}~ on the top. The first line on the stamp is a long one so I've used a stamp positioner to break it up into 2 lines. One line is wonky, but then look at the name of my blog ;)

I punched a hole and tied some ribbon through.

Head over to the ~{SDC Blog}~ to see what this week's team has come up with and then play along with us to have your chance to win $30 to spend in the ~{Stampotique Store}~.

Kaz xxx

8 comments:

Gez Butterworth said...

Beautiful Kaz... SWOOON!

Angelnorth said...

Great colourful tag Kaz ad perfect on the tote!

Kay Wallace said...

What a beautiful luggage tag, Kaz! I love that you will be using it on your tote until you require it for your next adventure! Those bright, playful colors will make it easy to identify!

Corrie Herriman said...

Lovely !
Corrie x

Kristen said...

Kaz, I love your tag...It is perfect for this weeks challenge.

Claudine Criner said...

This is a perfect tag for your traveling suitcases. I love it!

massofhair said...

A very beautiful Tag Kaz, full of character and colour. Inspiration has hit, hope to do something similar for two new spotty wheelable totes i purchased yesterday!

Loads of fun, a fantastic make:-) xxx

Kathy said...

This is fab, Kaz - far too lovely to go on a suitcase so leave it on your craft bag instead. The baggage handlers and conveyors would have it torn and wrecked in no time.