Wednesday, 9 July 2014

SDC 155 newspaper or magazine page

This week's ~{Stampotique Designer's Challenge}~ has been set by ~{Magda}~ and she would like us to use a page from a newspaper or a magazine. I don't get a paper and the tv mag had nothing worth cutting out so I rooted around in a box where I had put magazine pages ages ago. I hadn't looked in there for quite a while and I found all sorts of pictures I had forgotten about, but this frog one just had to be used:


I think he was from an internet company advert. Here's the full journal page:


The base is acrylic paints with just a bit of colour around the outside. I've stamped ~{French Journal Page}~ and ~{Numeric}~ around the edges and used Grid Round Mask and Grid Moroccan Mask for details.
I put washi tape onto each page and stuck the frog down and stamped ~{Minkygirl}~ directly onto the page. She's been watercoloured and then I added shading and doodling before adding some letters for the quote. Kiss has been stamped using ~{Typewriter Alphas}~.


Head over to the ~{SDC Blog}~ to see what the rest of this team has come up with and then join us to be in with the chance of winning one of two $30 gift certificates at the end of the month to spend in the ~{Stampotique Store}~.

Kaz xxx

13 comments:

Angelnorth said...

Fab pages Kaz, really made me smile! The frog was well worth saving, he's great on here!

Kay Wallace said...

Delightfully funny, Kaz! Love how you varied the font by using France's Typewriter Alpas for Kiss! Really makes it stand out! Super cute frog--definitely had to be used! Great journal spread!

*Arwen* said...

*giggle* cool Kaz! Love your page - so funny this little frog :)

xx Arwen

Serena Bee said...

i am in love with this page Kaz so amazing!

Claudine Criner said...

This is great! I love the frog that you chose, he's darling!!

massofhair said...

I'd kiss him!

Fantastic card, made me smile a lot :-) xxx

Kath said...

Fabulous page. The frog is great!!!Love the writing with it. The whole page is brilliant and made me smile.

Karen Gist said...

Hee hee! I love the frog :). Fantastic pages sweetheart xxx

Karen Gist said...

Hee hee! I love the frog :). Fantastic pages sweetheart xxx

Gay Peplow said...

I remember that frog he is so distinctive, well done keeping him! He looks absolutely right on your gorgeous pages, great sentiment and composition, Love it all :D Gay x

Jackie said...

Great pages .... The frog is cute where did he come from???

Samantha Read said...

Marvellous Kaz :) :) have a lovely weekend

Caroline said...

This is fabulous Kaz and I love the frog! x