Tuesday, 8 July 2014

Tando -Creative ~ black and brown

This week on ~{Tando}~ we're having another colour week and it's a real challenge for me as it's black and brown. It seems I don't have any brown paint!  I could have sworn I did, but I couldn't find it so I had to improvise to make this card:


I started off with my new favourite stencil ~{Grid Round}~, then painted 2 leaves from ~{Mini Leaves 2}~ and a  ~{Mini Butterfly}~. I've stamped the leaves with Design Cube in white paint and the butterfly with Fax to Wolfgang. I added more paint over the text stamp as it was too bold.

The tag has been assembled with text paper and a flower and stuck over some washi tape. I then went mad with white and black pens and a Happy Birthday stamp.

Kaz xxx

12 comments:

massofhair said...

I really love what you have created, fantastic use of the colours, a wonderful CAS design, it is very beautiful:-) xxx

Kathy said...

oooh Kaz, I really, really love this one. I'm going to pop it on my pinterest board to remind me how gorgeous it is

Angelnorth said...

Great spotty leaves and you'd never know there was any improv going on with the colour scheme - looks fab!

Kay Wallace said...

Surprisingly, after reading this color challenge, I love your card! I would certainly have expected dull, drab, and dingy, but what I got is happy, cheerful, and quite artsy! You did a beautiful job with this challenge, Kaz, especially using those background stamps from Stampotique.

Kath said...

I wasn't expecting anything so nice! Black and brown sounds dreary and your card is lovely.

Amanda said...

Kaz love this! Lots of lovely detail on a C&S card.
Love
Amanda x

Pia S said...

This is so beautifully put together! I love the color combo, doodled lines and the whole design. Great use of washi tapes too!

Gay Peplow said...

WOW Kaz!! This is beautiful, you are creating some absolutely brilliant pieces :D x

Caroline said...

Its lovely Kaz, love the soft and pretty effect. x

My name is Cindy said...

Love this card!! Cindy

My name is Cindy said...

Hi Kaz (again). I loved this card so much I had a go at making it. I'd like to 'CASE' it on my blog with a link to you but if you'd rather I didn't please let me know. Won't be for a while as I am going to send it as a birthday card in a couple of weeks. Just love your style! Cindy

My name is Cindy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.