Wednesday, 6 August 2014

SDC 159 ~ Bows

This week's ~{Stampotique Designer's Challenge}~ is set by ~{Jackie}~ and she wants to see us use bows.


I stamped ~{Polka Dots}~ onto the card base. It doesn't quite cover the card so used a stamp positioner to line it up for a second stamp. I then stamped ~{Chicken}~ and ~{Miguel Has a Gift}~, watercoloured them and cut them out. I've added a tiny strip of washi tape to the gift and attached 2 teeny, tiny, fiddly bows. I don't use one of those fancy schmancy bow making thingies.  Oh no, I've got the Kaz bow maker that didn't cost me a penny:


Yep, that's a loo roll, fork and a couple of paint brushes. Works every time whatever size you want to tie!

I finished the card with a bit of washi tape and ~{Happy Birthday}~.

Head over to the ~{SDC Blog}~ to see what the rest of the team has come up with and then join us to be in with the chance of winning $30 to spend in the ~{Stampotique Store}~.

Kaz xxx

15 comments:

Angelnorth said...

Mine's even more basic - I use my fingers! Great card, I love her hair bow!

Karen Gist said...

hahahaha now I need a pee cos I laughed so much!!!! But it works for you so that's what matters. Fabulous card and I have to admire Joanne who uses her fingers...I could never get one that small and have succumbed to a fancy thingymagig :D xxx

Claudine Criner said...

OMG, I love your bow maker, I need one of those! Great job this week Kaz!

Kay Wallace said...

There could never ever be two more perfect places for bows than a girl's hair and a present! Great design!

Jackie said...

Love the card it's beautiful!
As for the bow maker.. I'm laughing it's fab:)

Amanda said...

Brilliant Kaz! I love your bow maker which has to be the most ingenious thing I've seen lol
Love
Amanda x

Gay Peplow said...

Always love visiting your blog Kaz, fabulous art work, this is no exception :D Chicken and Miguel sit together so well and congrats on your bow maker, so simple and clever LOL :D Gay x

massofhair said...

BRILLIANT bow maker Kaz, made me smile! Fantastic card, love the soft watercolour look. Has to be one of my favourite makes of yours, thanks for the inspiration :-) xxx

Sue said...

Brilliant card Kaz, but that's to expected with your high tech equipment lol xx

Kathy said...

brilliant card Kaz....and your bow maker is quite the most attractive gadget I've seen in a long time You need to get a patent on it....quick! xx

Traceyr said...

lol I think you should sell that bow maker Kaz you'd make a killing. hahaha.

Great bows. :)

Samantha Read said...

Fantastic card Kaz, I think you should patent your bow maker before someone 'borrows' the idea ;) fab make, have a lovely weekend x

Corrie Herriman said...

Love your card and your bow maker. I made one too, looks quite different to yours though ! It doesn't involve forks, toiletpaper or paintbrushes !!
Corrie x

Astrid Stulemeijer (AssiCrafts) said...

Very cool card!! Your bow maker worked perfect, they look great. XOXO

Hazel said...

Brilliant bow maker idea, Kaz - perhaps you should suggest the idea to a craft company who could sell it at an exorbitant prices and you could make lots of money to buy other crafting goodies. And I love the card x