Wednesday, 13 August 2014

SDC 160 Music

This week's ~{Stampotique Designer's Challenge}~ is set by ~{Kathi}~ and she would like us to be inspired by music. I did a journal page for J52 with a theme of nostalgia because, as Kathi says, music can transport you to another time and place.


I did a minimal painty background with some sheet music scraps on then added some stamping using:

~{French Journal Page}~ in the circles
~{Numeric}~

I stamped ~{Stacked Love}~ onto card, coloured it and cut it out, then doodled and stamped a few cats from ~{Kitty Squad}~, coloured them and cut them out.

I then attacked the page with washi tape, hearts from Heart Background Mask and doodles.

The song is Love Cats by The Cure in case anyone didn't catch it ;) and it holds some memories for me. Also, with the untimely passing of Rik Mayall, it reminds me of a classic couple of lines from my favourite episode of The Young Ones, Sick, which is on the index page. You have to be around my age and from  the UK to remember it I'm afraid!!

Head over to the ~{SDC Blog}~ to see what this week's team has come up with and then join us with your creation. If you follow the simple rules you will be in with the chance of winning $30 to spend in the ~{Stampotique Store}~.

Kaz xxx

13 comments:

*Arwen* said...

"meow" wonderful Kaz <3
Love the Cure and this song.
Amazing artwork!!

xx Arwen

Karen Gist said...

Fabulous!!!! I can't wait to see the book irl again :D xxx

Traceyr said...

Love the references Kaz :) your journal page is fab too. Love the kitties. meow :)

Claudine Criner said...

Your journal page is fab Kay, I love everything there, the color and the background are so cool.

massofhair said...

Fantastic pages Kaz, love your lyrics very much. the background is fantastic as are your stamps and words :-) xxx

Angelnorth said...

I was singing along with your page - didn't need the note in the description (but yes, I suppose I am a certain age!). Fab pages, great use of your inspiration!

Kay Wallace said...

I was just short of 40 years old and in the U.S. when this song came out in 1983, but I Google'd first the video and then the lyrics and can only guess that in another place and time, I would have love it! Definitely a catchy tune that sticks with one! Great interpretation of the spirit of the song in your art, Kaz! Love it!

Corrie Herriman said...

Love the soft colours of this 'Kaz" project. As usual it is very beautiful ! I tried to like the Young Ones but never took to them I'm afraid ! Like the Cure though !

Corrie x

Kathy said...

Fab pages, Kaz. Love the way you've interwoven so many references and memories into this.
Love Cats by the Cure is just a great track - always makes me smile

Caroline said...

The Cure was one of my fave bands! Love the journal page and love the soft muted colours you've used x

Astrid Stulemeijer (AssiCrafts) said...

Don't know the song, but definitely love your page. You have an amazing style Kaz. XOXO

Gay Peplow said...

Fab! always love your colours, cute cats! We are loosing so many special people, sad :( But your happy cats bring cheer :D xx

dutchstamptramp said...

WOW fab as always Kaz! Love the colours and the whole idea. So much to see on this pages