Wednesday, 27 August 2014

SDC 162 Under The Sea

This week's ~{Stampotique Designer's Challenge}~ has been set by ~{Arwen}~ and she would like us to go Under The Sea, which was also the theme on one of the J52 weeks. I haven't used the mermaids for ages and when I dug them out, I wondered why because they are gorgeous (in my mind):



I started off this time by stamping the mermaids ~{Smumanha}~ and ~{Smushasha}~ and ~{Underwhere}~ directly onto the paper and did the painty backgrounds carefully around them. I've watercoloured the images.

I've stamped ~{Seaweed}~ within the painty layers and then on top. 

I've finished off with some doodling and some lettering. The handwritten quote, of course, is from The Little Mermaid and the other quote I saw on Pinterest and debated about putting it on the DT piece on here or putting 'miffed' instead for ages, but the quote is better left as it's meant because Underwhere really does look sad about it!!

Head over to the ~{SDC Blog}~ to see what this week's team have come up with and then join us to be in with the chance of winning $30 to spend in the ~{Stampotique Store}~.

Kaz xxx

13 comments:

Sue said...

LOVE this Kaz, though to me these mermaid are what nightmares are made of! The sentiment made me laugh - he really does look kinda pissed :-) x

Karen Gist said...

Yes, definitely right to not change the quote :D This is gorgeous work, love the waves!!!! should dig my mermaids out I think xxx

*Arwen* said...

So amazing Kaz <3
Beautiful project and the words make me smile :)

xx Arwen

Kay Wallace said...

Absolutely L-O-V-E both your art and your humor! This is so very creative!

Jackie said...

I LOVE this it's beautiful !

Corrie Herriman said...

Wow, so beautiful and funny at the same time. Love it !
Corrie x

massofhair said...

FANTASTIC Kaz, Underwhere really does look upset that he isn't a mermaid, made me lol!

Gorgeous page with your mermaids, great quote too.

Fantastic inspiration this week :-) xxx

Traceyr said...

Fantastic artwork again Kaz and I love your watercolouring. :)

Claudine Criner said...

Such beautiful colors, I love the wording too how fun!!

Samantha Read said...

lol lol lol, love it Kaz :)

Gay Peplow said...

Blogger is really messing with me tonight :( I love this card Kaz, brilliant water colouring and I love the humour :D xx

Hazel said...

Perfect for under the sea, Kaz xx

Basement Stamper said...

hilarious, great quote you used!