Wednesday, 3 September 2014

SDC 163 Refresh It

I'm setting this week's ~{Stampotique Designer's Challenge}~

We all love playing with new stamps, but sometimes it's good to revisit some that have been neglected for a while. So find an old favourite and give it a new lease of life.

It wasn't planned, but the timing has all worked out for me. I'm using the first Stampotique stamp I ever bought, ~{Moth Fab}~. I never thought it would lead to an addiction to the stamps and a place on the Design Team! I bought it to make ~a card~ for my niece, Rachel's, 15th birthday. She was 20 on Sunday and I used it again for this birthday! And when I spoke to her she said she was so pleased I'd used her favourite stamp!!



This time I've gone for my now usual style of CAS. I've used a stencil to add some colour to the base card and then stamped ~{Dandelion Duo}~. I added some doodling and coloured the flower.

~{Moth Fab}~ has been stamped onto card, watercoloured, cut out and stuck to the card.

I've finished off with ~{Happy Birthday}~.

Head over to the ~{SDC Blog}~ to see what the rest of this week's team has come up with and then show me one of your old favourites. If you follow the simple rules you'll be in for the draw for $30 to spend in the ~{Stampotique Store}~.

Kaz xxx

13 comments:

Claudine Criner said...

Moth fab is fabulous here! I love your background so subtle but so awesome.

Helen Stewart said...

I love Moth Fab, she is the first stamp I purchased, but it was only a couple of months ago!!
Great card Kaz xx

Traceyr said...

Fantastic card Kaz - I love the way you've cut round her too. I can't believe that Rachel is 20 - wow the time does fly. :)

Corrie Herriman said...

Gorgeous CAS card, or should I say KAZ card !
Corrie x

ionabunny said...

Cute card. Great theme

Samantha Read said...

I always love your creations Kaz and you did Moth Fab proud, such a great challenge, thank you :)

massofhair said...

Moth Fab was my first Stampotique purchase too, she is used regularly and loved by those who receive anything with her image on.

Stunning card Kaz and a great challenge this week :-) xxx

Kay Wallace said...

So fun that you were able to use the same image for the same reason five years later! It is interesting to see how our styles change over the years, isn't it? Great background here, Kaz, with an updated look for Moth Fab! Well done!

Hazel said...

This is perfect, Kaz - how come Rachel is 20 already?! But we're not all getting any older, are we! xx

Gay Peplow said...

Simply fabulous Kaz :D xx

Jackie said...

Fabulous card Karen... Kaz!!!!
Great challenge this week thank you!

Julie Steed said...

Great challenge this week, Kaz! Moth Fab is one of my favorites and I love how you used her here!

Sue said...

Gorgeous as always Kaz, fab stencilling and doodling xx