Wednesday, 5 November 2014

SDC 172 Spotlight

This week's ~{Stampotique Designer's Challenge}~ is set by ~{Arwen}~ and she would like us to put it in the spotlight. Well, I got this all wrong! And I was away on a family holiday last week so I haven't had time to do anything else, sorry Arwen.


I've chosen to use France's new ~{Paris Lamp Post}~ because I thought it was just perfect! I chose to keep it as clean and simple as possible, so I used gelatos to make a glow and stamped the stamp in the centre of it, then shaded it with an aquarelle pencil.

I stamped ~{Quasimoto 5}~ and ~{Quasimoto 2}~, watercoloured them, cut them out and stuck them in place. Quasi 5 is trying to look cool on the lamp ;)

 I've masked some letters and stamped from ~{Barcode Text 2}~
shenanigans (h)
top secret (e)
discombobulated (l)
grounded (o)
then stuck them in place, which was a bit fiddly!

Finally I coloured with edges of the card lightly with an inkpad.

Head over to the ~{SDC Blog}~ to see what this week's team has come up with and then join us to be in with the chance of winning $30 to spend in the ~{Stampotique Store}~.

Kaz xxx

13 comments:

Karen Gist said...

I think that I would have done something similar my lovely! Its a very sweet card xxx

Vera Lane Studio said...

Love your interpretation!

Basement Stamper said...

I love what you did with your spotlight and the quasimoto's!

Inky and Quirky said...

I love this and I love that lamp! Your work really is very beautiful and very fab :)

Big hugs
Donna xxx

massofhair said...

You have spotlighted the lamplight a perfect place to highlight as it throws light on everything, very clever despite you not thinking you missed spotlighting altogether. A beautiful CAS card as always Kaz :-) xxx

Claudine Criner said...

I think it's perfect, this is so cute and I love your colors!

*Arwen* said...

I love it Kaz <3
The lantern is perfect and the quasimotos are so cute.

xx Arwen

Kay Wallace said...

The SDC are always open to interpretation, Kaz, even for the Design Team members! The challenge is an inspiration, a spark to get you going. So, you were not "wrong" in your interpretation of this week's challenge--you just say it differently than some. And, in a good way--for I love your work here! Just perfect in my book!

Sue said...

This is really lovely, beautiful choice of colours Kaz xx

Rona Butler said...

Fabulous! Raise a glass to creative interpretation :)

Corrie Herriman said...

Love your card with the Quasimoto's ! I got it wrong too but then it is up to us to interpret the Challenges and this is your interpretation !
Corrie x

Angelnorth said...

Maybe not what she had in mind but a fab card nevertheless - love the casual lampost pose!

dutchstamptramp said...

Fabulous, what a great combination of stmamps and wonderful idea for this theme.