Wednesday, 26 November 2014

SDC 175 In the words of Edgar Allan Poe

This week's ~{Stampotique Designer's Challenge}~ is set by ~{Kay}~ and she would like us to use a quote by Edgar Allan Poe. I won't lie, this one stumped me and filled me with fear! I don't know much at all about him so I googled quotes and found that I've actually used a few of them before on journal pages!!

I went with a tag:


I made a gelato background and stamped ~{Helping Hands}~ over it. ~{Friend}~ was then stamped onto the tag as I thought he really is the best character for the quote! I like the way he is standing in the puddle of my soul, just staring at me, pitifully!

I've added ~{Crow Line}~ because I had to, there will probably be quite a few crows from us this week ;)

Finally I inked the edge of the tag and stamped ~{Circles Cubed}~ around the edges for detail before finishing off with some ribbon and shading.

Head over to the ~{SDC Blog}~ to check out the rest of this week's team and then join us to be in with the chance of winning a $30 voucher to spend in the ~{Stampotique Store}~.

Kaz xxx

7 comments:

Karen Gist said...

Crikey...that's dark for you my lovely but I love it!!!! :-D xxx

Claudine Criner said...

I thought about using that same quote, I love it! You tag is perfect here!

Corrie Herriman said...

Wonderful !! wonderful ! I love this tag. I have been wondering about this stamp but I think you have convinced me to put it on my wishlist !
Great quote too !
Corrie x

massofhair said...

WONDERFUL Tag and colours, just love the quote and how you have described Friend as standing in the puddle of your soul, so very deep for this weeks challenge. Kay has managed to bring the dark side of Poe into the light this challenge :-) xxx

Samantha Read said...

Brilliant! Couldn't have Poe without Ravens/Crows ;) xx

Kay Wallace said...

If I have managed to challenge even the Design Team at Stampotique, I have done my job! I love your tag, Kaz, and I love how you described Friend as "standing in the puddle of my soul." You really got into this, didn't you? Great pairing of image and quote, I have to add. Perfect color palette! Well done, my friend, very well done!

Sue said...

Perfect Kaz! xx