Friday, 14 November 2014

Tando Christmas Countdown

This week on ~{Tando}~ we are starting with the Christmas spirit - it's November, we're allowed ;)

I've been playing with the new ~{Christmas Countdown Frame}~ which is much bigger than things I normally make, but I enjoyed it. It comes flat packed but is really easy to put together and is sturdy once glued.

I had no real idea of how it would come together to start with, only that I wanted it lilac and blue because I don't 'do' normal Christmas colours!

 

I started off by sticking patterned paper onto the inside and outside sides, then got the acrylic paints out and did the frame. I blended 3 colours together and then used gelatos to darken the edges. I coloured the wood block the same way.

I cut the left hand side of the tree off and painted it green and when it was dry, stamped Stringed Lights onto it, doodled and added glitter glue.

I cut the stem off the sign and gave it a crackle effect, then did the stockings the same way. I triple embossed the stockings with white powder.

The wording and numbers have simply been sprayed with ink.

I've added O Joy and Piling Thing to finish the scene.





Kaz xxx

7 comments:

Karen Gist said...

You have outdone yourself my lovely!!! This is ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!! HUGS xxx

Inky and Quirky said...

Wonderful creation,very cleverly done

Hugs
Donna xxx

Angelnorth said...

Looks fabulous in the non traditional colours, love it!

Claudine Criner said...

This is amazing Kaz, I love it!!

Gez Butterworth said...

Brilliant! Love those stockings

Corrie Herriman said...

Love the stockings.. great little project !
Corrie x

Juls said...

Adorable :-) xx