Thursday, 26 February 2015

Tando Arches

This week on ~{Tando}~ we are showing off arches. I was only going to show one of them because I had so much trouble with the second, but in the end I'm being brave! I turned 2 of the ~{Straight Edged Small Arches}~ into minions:


I painted the base colour with acrylic paint and then used some steel texture paste through the one of the circles in the ~{Random Circles Mask}~ and very carefully removed the centre of the paste. Once this was dry, I painted everything and did some doodling to get the right look.

The trouble started when I attempted to glue the nylon hair in place. It's actually part of a duster and, as you can see, it got everywhere. It didn't want to stick to the arch, but it certainly stuck to me and my desk. And my floor. And anything else with a slight electric charge to it. I gave up! It was meant to have much more hair on it so it was bushy like the proper evil minion and I was going to trim it up, but I'd had enough!! So excuse the fact that the hair is all wrong, but I did like his face!

Kaz xxx

9 comments:

Ginger said...

OMG Kaz I so want these, I love them. x

Artyjen said...

That is so cool but ever so slightly crazy! lol
xoxo Sioux

ionabunny said...

These are fab. Hairy minion does look a bit worried about his bad hair day. Love these, great idea. TFS. Hugz

Angelnorth said...

Great use of the arches, these are fab!

Moira said...

oh i did giggle at these i love them, I want them

Corrie Herriman said...

The hair might be wrong but they are sooo adorable....
Corrie x (a secret Minion lover)

Gay Peplow said...

Thank you so much for the giggle Kaz, you've captured the essence of the minions completely, well done :D Shame the hair misbehaved, I think it looks great!!! :D xx

Traceyr said...

haha I think his hair is about right Kaz - love the minions. :)

massofhair said...

Oh my how did i miss this post!?! The Minions are one of our fave things, my message notification is the minions laughing & always brings a smile when it's heard.

REALLY REALLY REALLY Adore your Minions Kaz, so clever of you, the hair works perfectly and i am in love with them both.

Thank you for the story, thank you for the smile but most of all thank you for such brilliant inspiration :-) xxx