Wednesday, 25 March 2015

SDC 188 Fave background technique.

This week's ~{Stampotique Designer's Challenge}~ is set by ~{Nellie}~ and she would like us to show out favourite background techniques. I made this card for my niece's birthday 3 weeks ago.I know I used the same image as last week, but she has the right attitude for a 16 year old!!



My favourite technique is to smoosh the card blank onto some watery ink because you never know what you're going to get and you can keep going until you like it. I also love to flick ink onto the card for the same reason. I also doodled the border and added a bit of colour just inside it to frame the card. 

I stamped ~{Bla Bla Bla}~ onto the background randomly and stamped ~{Penelope}~ and watercoloured her. I finished off with ~{Whatever}~; all 3 stamps work perfectly together for the right amount of sass!

Head over to the ~{SDC Blog}~ to see what the rest of the team have come up with and then join us to be in with the chance of winning $30 to spend in the ~{Stampotique Store}~.

Kaz xxx

13 comments:

Angelnorth said...

Fab card, love the vivid colours and the shading just inside the doodled border looks great! I'm sure she loved it :o)

Gez Butterworth said...

GORGEOUS Kaz ♥♥

Great sentiment to put with Penelope!!

Karen Gist said...

haha this is so her!!!!!! xxx

Kay Wallace said...

A card perfect for a teen, Kaz! Love your background and how you color your image to coordinate with it! I know your niece loves it!! I do, too!

Claudine Criner said...

I always love your backgrounds, simple but beautiful. This is perfect for a teenager.

Vera Lane Studio said...

I ditto above. I was thinking how cute this would be for my nieces. Do always love your splash of color.

Gay Peplow said...

Fabulous!! I love your clean simplicity :D x

Corrie Herriman said...

Fabulous card and so fitting for a teenager !
Corrie x

Kathy said...

Fantastic, Kaz. How come your backgrounds always work so beautifully, rather than the muddy mess I get when I try? I bet Lucy loved it!

Samantha Read said...

Bet your Niece loved it! Fab card Kaz, I always love your colours :) xx

Sue said...

This is perfect Kaz, for a sassy teenager or anyone. Penelope is top of my wish list at the moment xx

Dawn said...

Brilliant card sweetie, no disputing the sass it conveys lol. Massive hugs x x x x

mypurplehouse said...

So adorable! I L-O-V-E the doodle boarder it make such a perfect frame for the fabulous background and fun, bright image! Great inspiration!! Thanks!
Lyn