Wednesday, 1 April 2015

SDC 189 Unusual Cards

This week's ~{Stampotique Designer's Challenge}~ is set by ~{Arwen}~ and she would like us to make an unusual card. I made this fishy one:


I cut a card blank into a fish shape and smooshed it into watery ink. Once it was dry, I stamped the hexagons from ~{Design Cube 2}~ to make scales and doodled on it.

Next I stamped ~{Rudy}~ and ~{Reggie}~ onto card, watercoloured them with Clean Colours and cut them out. I stuck them onto the fish with the quote I found on Pinterest, making the 'sea' from ~{Typewriter Alpha}~ and sticking that part over some 'seaweed' from the stamp from ~{Design Cube 2}~.

Head over to the ~{SDC Blog}~ to see what this week's team has created and then join us to be in with the chance of winning $30 to spend in the ~{Stampotique Store}~.

Kaz xxx

9 comments:

*Arwen* said...

Aww adorable Kaz! I love your fishy card <3

xx Arwen

Angelnorth said...

Very creative - love the hexagon scales and those sea horses are adorable!

massofhair said...

Fantastic sentiment Kaz, brought a smile... Fabulous shaped card, love the stamp you used for the fish scales :-) xxx

Karen Gist said...

What a lovely shaped card m'dear! Love it!!!! xxx

Claudine Criner said...

OMG I love this, how fun!! I love the play on words too with the quote. Nicely done!!

Dawn said...

Hee hee hee hee hee this is BRILLIANT sweetie, love the idea of cutting the card into a fab shape. Rudy and Reggie are def on my wish list now too, what dudes they are!! Massive hugs my lovely x x x x x

Corrie Herriman said...

You can't help but love Rudy and Reggie and you did them proud !
Corrie x

Kathy said...

haha I love the quote. A fun card for sure and so clever!

Samantha Read said...

How wonderful! Just love it Kaz xx